Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresWaldo View Post
    I do understand that 3D printing, as it exists today, even though praised as a disruptive process, is still in it's infancy. There is still much more research and growth coming from 3D print technologies.

For me, I don't consider anything I am doing as mission critical or adding to the 3D printing evolution. I had a problem I needed to solve and I found a way to solve it to my satisfaction. The little things I have modeled work completely well within the current state of 3D printing technology. I have been thankful that I can share a little bit of it with others.
    I am grateful you did share with us...well done and thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member

WARNING - Venge Vias GoPro and Virb mounts

A word of warning to anyone with a Venge that wants to mount any action cam to the bottom of the Edge mount. Specialized did show a wind tunnel video with a GoPro Hero4 mounted underneath a Garmin Edge. It was a prototype mount that was used to test the effects of the GoPro on aerodynamics and wattage. The conclusion was that the GoPro required 1 watt of additional power. That was the good news. Specialized has appeared to have abandoned the idea of mounting the action cam under the Garmin Edge mount as the vibration made the video footage unusable. This cannot be corrected with any redesign of the current action cam mounting options. This is a Specialized issue, not one of any of us here that uses or designed a mount for the Venge, a redesigned and sturdier arm will likely be required. I am keeping the two I have in my storefront, but have added a plainly worded warning that you may experience vibration in the video footage.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    On another forum I have had many requests to design some mounting adapters for the SWAT saddle mount. After a few revisions I have come up with a few I thought you guys might find interesting. First up are a couple of tail light mounts that are not STIX related.

SWAT to Garmin Varia-Edge mount or Long version
    This one comes in a short and longer version. The Garmin section is eighth-turn instead of quarter-turn so no need to modify the mount for landscape or portrait orientations, just insert and turn 1/8 turn in either direction. Works with both the Varia TL and Varia Radar as well as any Edge device that a track rider might need to record data while not having their device handlebar mounted. Short version pictured.

On the bike with a Garmin Varia Radar (Short version). The long version allows for portrait mode mounting.
    Attachment 314555

SWAT to GoPro mount
    Works with the standard GoPro hardware (M5 Thumbscrew & M5 Acorn nut).

As I mentioned this is stuff people have asked me for, If anyone here has anything special they want to mount on the back of their SWAT equipped saddle just let me know via PM or a message on my Shapeways page (faster) and I will see if I can accommodate.
    I have ordered 5 of the SWAT Garmin Varia Radar attachment and love them! The quality is great and it works perfectly. Thank you for coming up with this!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    I have ordered 5 of the SWAT Garmin Varia Radar attachment and love them! The quality is great and it works perfectly. Thank you for coming up with this!
    I hope you got more than just black ones. I also updated the GoPro adapter. It should now work better and with all kinds of GoPro waterproof cases.
    Had a request for some 3D printed SWAT mounts-specialized-swat-gopro-adapter-v2.5-v6.png

I also have a GoPro adapter for the front Garmin mount, although as a result of the way that Specialized designed the mount, I don't recommend it to anyone unless you are putting an extremely light camera on the front.
    Had a request for some 3D printed SWAT mounts-625x465_16106747_9431193_1476654128.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Funny you mentioned that, I did order just the black ones. I guess I need to order some more in different colors.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I only mentioned it because the surface texture of the colored ones is more 'satin-like' than the black ones. I along with other designers on Shapeways have begged them to bring back polished black so it too can be 'satin-like.' They just don't want to hear about it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I only mentioned it because the surface texture of the colored ones is more 'satin-like' than the black ones. I along with other designers on Shapeways have begged them to bring back polished black so it too can be 'satin-like.' They just don't want to hear about it.
    Good to know. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here is another happy SWAT Mount for Garmin's Varia owner. He sent me the pic today but has been using the mount all summer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Any chance of getting a PDW compatible mount? https://ridepdw.com/collections/ligh...nt=24756532545

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12