Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Cni2i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,787

    I really like this color scheme...

    I know it's really just another black-colored bike, but something about the gloss cosmic black with brushed lettering looks so sexy. Only wished it came in frameset only.

    Anyone seen this color scheme in person yet?

    I really like this color scheme...-sworks-cosmic-black-brushed-clean-2017.jpg
    EyeGuy

  2. #2
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
    I know it's really just another black-colored bike, but something about the gloss cosmic black with brushed lettering looks so sexy. Only wished it came in frameset only.

    Anyone seen this color scheme in person yet?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sworks Cosmic Black Brushed Clean 2017.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	318992
    Its is not just another black bike... the "cosmic" in Cosmic black means that it has a metal flake in it. Supposedly it looks like stars in a night sky and I've heard it looks pretty awesome in real life, but I haven't seen one in person, yet.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Cni2i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,787

    I really like this color scheme...

    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Its is not just another black bike... the "cosmic" in Cosmic black means that it has a metal flake in it. Supposedly it looks like stars in a night sky and I've heard it looks pretty awesome in real life, but I haven't seen one in person, yet.
    Agreed 100% that it looks "awesome". I've seen the flakes from the close up photos. I just meant it's another black bike...but by no means an ordinary black bike

    Just spoke to store manager, he can order the bike and sell me the frame only. Still $3500 + tax. Hmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EyeGuy

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
    Agreed 100% that it looks "awesome". I've seen the flakes from the close up photos. I just meant it's another black bike...but by no means an ordinary black bike

    Just spoke to store manager, he can order the bike and sell me the frame only. Still $3500 + tax. Hmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do it! I have admired the frame too. I have asked if my bike shop could do that, but they wouldn't. Might need to get the name of your shop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    361

    I really like this color scheme...

    I just heard that the while the Di2 and the etap version of this cosmic black tarmac have the same paint on the frame they differ by the color decals/"S-Works" logo from one another. Can someone confirm this?
    Update:
    Just saw the etap version's "S-Works" is white and the Di2 version "S-Works" is brushed metal color.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Merc; 05-10-2017 at 08:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    I just heard that the while the Di2 and the etap version of this cosmic black tarmac have the same paint on the frame they differ by the color decals/"S-Works" logo from one another. Can someone confirm this?
    Update:
    Just saw the etap version's "S-Works" is white and the Di2 version "S-Works" is brushed metal color.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is correct.. I've chatted with the designer of the two bikes and he confirmed that they differ slightly.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Cni2i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,787
    Absolutely right. I prefer the brushed finish!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EyeGuy

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    361
    I can't find any good pictures if the brush finished one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    361
    Just ordered the etap version.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Cni2i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Just ordered the etap version.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet! Congrats. Either one looks sweet with the shiny black and flake accents. So the etap one has the white Sworks lettering rather than the brushed I assume.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EyeGuy

  11. #11
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
    Sweet! Congrats. Either one looks sweet with the shiny black and flake accents. So the etap one has the white Sworks lettering rather than the brushed I assume.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes... the Etap has white lettering.

    Merc... can't wait to see some real pics.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Yes... the Etap has white lettering.

    Merc... can't wait to see some real pics.
    The DT has a prismatic outline to complete the "Cosmic Effect."

    https://twitter.com/specialized_uk/s...223296?lang=en

    -R

  13. #13
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post
    The DT has a prismatic outline to complete the "Cosmic Effect."

    https://twitter.com/specialized_uk/s...223296?lang=en

    -R
    That's pretty awesome...
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

Similar Threads

  1. Color scheme was just a bonus
    By onespeed in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 07:41 AM
  2. which color scheme do you like better?
    By speedking in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 04:56 PM
  3. Which color scheme is better?
    By civdic in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 09:28 PM
  4. Color Scheme Help...
    By bemmis in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
  5. A Rossin in Look color scheme
    By t5rguy in forum Retro-Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •