Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Lockable FutureShock?

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  taodemon 
#1 ·
I was watching Paris Roubaix today and it seems the pro racers now have the possibility to lock or unlock the FutureShock. Saw Sagan lock his just after Carrefour de l'arbre I think.

Does anyone knows if this will make it to consumers?

#2 ·
I doubt it will trickle down to the consumers... Since lots of the "pro stuff" are one offs. Pretty sure if Sagan had the choice, he would rather ride the Tarmac over the Roubaix. But since Sagan is a sponsored rider (paid big $$ to ride Specialized) and Specialized is here to sell bikes, Specialized made Sagan ride the Roubaix over the Tarmac. To prove to the cycling community that their slogan is indeed true, "smoother is faster". Afterall, the riders are racing the Paris - Roubaix. And it makes a logical marketing sense for the 3x UCI Champ to ride the new "Roubaix" to the finish line, with or without the FutureShock working as it should.

#8 ·
i take that back... Silly me forgot all about the rear brake... looks like the pro "Roubaix" is completely different than the "store bought" ones... The Pro has direct mount rear brake, similar to the Tarmac. Possibly using the Tarmac's front fork for the direct mount brake for the front?

Could the pro "Roubaix" be a frankenstein mashup between the Tarmac and Roubaix?!

#10 ·
The rim brake roubaix is its own bike, frame and fork no frankenstein mashup involved, and available only to the pros. If I was interested in a roubaix I would want a rim brake version, and the fact that it actually exists in rim format, just not for sale, would probably upset me as it likely will when the situation repeats itself with the next venge which I would actually be interested in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.