RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

New Allez Sprint Colors Released

I love the crazy skittles joint, the purple and black, and the white and silver that has been out for a little while. The American flag fork bike is growing on me as well, but I think it would have looked better with a red, white, or blue frame.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/allez
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013

dfdf
    Feb 2009
    I got the Monster Green & built it up w/ Ultegra that I swapped off my Tarmac Comp which I just got, I put on all D/A w carbon rims on the Tarmac,I have a Caad 10 & a Caad 12/-Dura Ace disc & I like the Allez much better,like the add. new colors.

Not a climber
    Where do you see a US Flag fork??

A friend of mine has the black with checkered frame and his teammate just got the white/chrome. They ended up not making the entire fork chrome, but only the logos and specialized font. I don't think they could get a perfect finish on the chrome, so they axed it.

A local spesh rep said he ordered an Allez sprint frame in the color combo of Sagan's current Venge, so expect that to be out soon in limited numbers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorn View Post

A friend of mine has the black with checkered frame and his teammate just got the white/chrome. They ended up not making the entire fork chrome, but only the logos and specialized font. I don't think they could get a perfect finish on the chrome, so they axed it.

A local spesh rep said he ordered an Allez sprint frame in the color combo of Sagan's current Venge, so expect that to be out soon in limited numbers.
    If you go to the full website, it's the secondary color to the black and purple.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    If you go to the full website, it's the secondary color to the black and purple.
    I think I might have liked that USA fork better on a blue frame. Still, I am digging it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    I like the chameleon, definitely the most affordable method of getting that color on a bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought the orange one. That is a killer color in person. All of them look good though

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Here's the Sagan Superstar colorway.

and here's the Red Hook Crit frame...

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Here's the Sagan Superstar colorway.

and here's the Red Hook Crit frame...

The Sagan bike definitely looks better in real life. It's pretty cool actually, but it still isn't one of my favorites though. I think the chameleon purple and the white and silver/chrome are still atop the best looking frameset list for me. Great pics, thanks for posting.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    The Sagan bike definitely looks better in real life. It's pretty cool actually, but it still isn't one of my favorites though. I think the chameleon purple and the white and silver/chrome are still atop the best looking frameset list for me. Great pics, thanks for posting.
    I like the gloss light blue.... the Bianchi style color, but my favorite was the bare aluminum and black that they did on the first run of x1 frame sets... that's why I did my bike in that color scheme.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I like the gloss light blue.... the Bianchi style color, but my favorite was the bare aluminum and black that they did on the first run of x1 frame sets... that's why I did my bike in that color scheme.
    I saw your new or updated bike. It looks really nice. Are you riding that or the Venge more these days?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    I saw your new or updated bike. It looks really nice. Are you riding that or the Venge more these days?
    Here's the Allez

I've got more miles on the Allez at this point, for a few reasons...

1. The Venge is the bike that I use for the TT racing series that I do, in the Non-TT class. The early part of the season in the TT Cup is pretty busy with races every weekend for the first 4 or 5 weekends, so I got the Venge set up (Cages off, 88mm wheels with 11-23 cassette) and have basically left it as is, instead of trying to swap it back and forth to make it rideable in between events.

2. I also swapped the crank on the Venge up to a 52-36 to make better use of some gearing on some of the TT courses and most of the riding on do for fun involves a fair bit of climbing, so I prefer the 50-34 that is on the Allez.

I did ride the Allez for a hill climb TT 2 weeks back. Its a 5.3 mile climb with 1230'+ of elevation. I was going back and forth between the Allez and the Venge. Obviously the Venge is more aero, but the Allez is actually the lighter bike at this point, 15 pounds vs. 15.7. Last year, I rode the Venge and averaged 292 watts for 23:21. This year, I averaged 300watts for a time of 23:47. I am probably 8-10 pounds heavier this year, which has helped me on the flatter TT's. I also feel like this year was a touch windy, so perhaps for this climb, aero still trumped weight.

Here are some shots from the hill climb.

I also rode the Allez in the State Crit.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Here's the Allez

I've got more miles on the Allez at this point, for a few reasons...

1. The Venge is the bike that I use for the TT racing series that I do, in the Non-TT class. The early part of the season in the TT Cup is pretty busy with races every weekend for the first 4 or 5 weekends, so I got the Venge set up (Cages off, 88mm wheels with 11-23 cassette) and have basically left it as is, instead of trying to swap it back and forth to make it rideable in between events.

2. I also swapped the crank on the Venge up to a 52-36 to make better use of some gearing on some of the TT courses and most of the riding on do for fun involves a fair bit of climbing, so I prefer the 50-34 that is on the Allez.

I did ride the Allez for a hill climb TT 2 weeks back. Its a 5.3 mile climb with 1230'+ of elevation. I was going back and forth between the Allez and the Venge. Obviously the Venge is more aero, but the Allez is actually the lighter bike at this point, 15 pounds vs. 15.7. Last year, I rode the Venge and averaged 292 watts for 23:21. This year, I averaged 300watts for a time of 23:47. I am probably 8-10 pounds heavier this year, which has helped me on the flatter TT's. I also feel like this year was a touch windy, so perhaps for this climb, aero still trumped weight.

Here are some shots from the hill climb.

I also rode the Allez in the State Crit.

Nice, happy to hear you are still going after it and that the bikes are serving you well. Are you planning to add a TT bike in the future?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Nice, happy to hear you are still going after it and that the bikes are serving you well. Are you planning to add a TT bike in the future?
    Yes... planning to complete the current TT race season on the Venge and pick up a Shiv TT. Hoping to grab the frame set sometime this summer and then spend the rest of the summer, fall, winter to gather the necessary parts and dial in fit for next season.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Yes... planning to complete the current TT race season on the Venge and pick up a Shiv TT. Hoping to grab the frame set sometime this summer and then spend the rest of the summer, fall, winter to gather the necessary parts and dial in fit for next season.
    Cool, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. This is the first year I have developed any interest in TT, but I am starting to like it.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Cool, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. This is the first year I have developed any interest in TT, but I am starting to like it.
    I get that for sure... prior to racing any TT's I used to think they were boring as well, but now I look forward to watching them. It is really interesting to see just how much prep goes into bike, position, and equipment to be as fast as possible. It is also really interesting to be able to understand just how deep you have to dig to be able to win and get the best possible performance.... I won my first TT this year by about 30 seconds. The next race, I missed 1st by .3 of a second.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I get that for sure... prior to racing any TT's I used to think they were boring as well, but now I look forward to watching them. It is really interesting to see just how much prep goes into bike, position, and equipment to be as fast as possible. It is also really interesting to be able to understand just how deep you have to dig to be able to win and get the best possible performance.... I won my first TT this year by about 30 seconds. The next race, I missed 1st by .3 of a second.
    Very cool, congrats. It seems like it could be a safer and yet fun way to break into racing. I like the idea of possibly mixing that with some cyclocross and gravel races. I still have mixed feelings about crits. I have seen a number of people get jacked up in those things. They kind of look like fun though. It's just that at this point in my life, the risk might outweigh the reward for me on that front unfortunately. The Allez DSW or Allez Sprint seems like the perfect crit, road race, and/or Merckx style TT bike.

Not a climber
    I think I'll wait for the Allez Sprint Disc, that has to be coming sooner or later.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011

Made my own extra limited edition paint this weekend...

New Allez Sprint Colors Released-33840315264_9aff96e507_c.jpg

New Allez Sprint Colors Released-34642121876_9d7a927f5f_b.jpg

Not a climber
    I bet all that grit between the carbon wheels and pads made the braking a lot better haha.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I think I'll wait for the Allez Sprint Disc, that has to be coming sooner or later.
    I have been on the lookout for news on that and a Giant Propel Disc too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
    Made my own extra limited edition paint this weekend...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33840315264_9aff96e507_c.jpg 
Views:	832 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	319078

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34642121876_9d7a927f5f_b.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	313.2 KB 
ID:	319077

Cool.

Not a climber
    I have been on the lookout for news on that and a Giant Propel Disc too.
    For God's sake, yes. Don't know why Giant is the holdout on their aero disc bike. Maybe they are coming out with a full redesign this year?

I'm ready to ditch my current Tarmac and my next bike is definitely going to be some sort of aero disc electronic frame. I'd love to stay Specialized, but the Venge is out of my price range with Di2. If I could pick up a cool colored Allez disc frame and put Di2 or Etap on it, plus like 28mm tires, it'd be the perfect (decently affordable) bike.