Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    My limited edition Venge has arrived and is in hand. Pix to follow tomorrow. It is black, with black text, chrome inside the seat and chain stay and chrome on the inside of the fork with a WV champs badge underneath. It is stunning and I cannot wait to jump on it in March when I am building it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyGas View Post
    Neither the red nor the McLaren logo is a removable decal.
    thanks for confirming. i'd been told that the red was definitely a decal, but to be fair that was on the bikes that the professionals were riding (HTC). bummer on the mclaren logo -- that's a deal-breaker for me!

sure does look like a nice frameset, though--awesome. love to see more pics.

As for the build and the battery, Iíll do something similar to the way I have my rain bike set up.

And for all you internal battery pioneers:

Yes, the battery is inside the frame.

No, there are no additional warranty voiding holes drilled into the frame.

No, I do not need to remove the seat post or any other part to recharge the battery.

But all of that is a story for another day...
    one can charge the battery by unplugging the RD or FD and connecting that to a charger...but that is not so well known.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by diegogarcia View Post
    My limited edition Venge has arrived and is in hand. Pix to follow tomorrow. It is black, with black text, chrome inside the seat and chain stay and chrome on the inside of the fork with a WV champs badge underneath. It is stunning and I cannot wait to jump on it in March when I am building it.
    love to see it. love the black on black frame/text.

did you do a custom paint job?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    Are you an engineer?

I think remember your thread .
    confused about that one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
    love to see it. love the black on black frame/text.

did you do a custom paint job?
    No - Specialized released worldwide just 200 of the said frames and I got no. 15 which is stamped on the side of the left chain stay. It is stunning.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    wow--super cool! that is the best venge i've seen. when did they do this release? where did you purchase (are you in the USA)?

i wonder what the actual weights of the mclaren framesets are, that are being delivered today. it was said that they saved some of the weight (~100g difference between s-works & mclaren) via paint, but it sounds like the frames are now fully painted.

wonder if any of the owners will post up some weights. i've got all the weights for my s-works (56) w/ di2 for comparison.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    wow--super cool! that is the best venge i've seen. when did they do this release? where did you purchase (are you in the USA)?

i wonder what the actual weights of the mclaren framesets are, that are being delivered today. it was said that they saved some of the weight (~100g difference between s-works & mclaren) via paint, but it sounds like the frames are now fully painted.

wonder if any of the owners will post up some weights. i've got all the weights for my s-works (56) w/ di2 for comparison.
    Released about 10 days ago to pre orders, the frame is a commemorative edition for Cav winning the worlds 46 years after Tommy Simpson the last Brit to do so. Hence the name WC46 and the worlds badge on the bottom, though I am aware that features on most Spesh frames.

I will weigh it when built but be patient as I am in no rush as winter here in the UK and no risking my dream bike. All I can say is out of the box it is very very light and whilst I am no weight weenie it feels more than light enough for me as I like bike hitting between 15-16lb.

Hope this helps.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Released about 10 days ago to pre orders, the frame is a commemorative edition for Cav winning the worlds 46 years after Tommy Simpson the last Brit to do so. Hence the name WC46 and the worlds badge on the bottom, though I am aware that features on most Spesh frames.

I will weigh it when built but be patient as I am in no rush as winter here in the UK and no risking my dream bike. All I can say is out of the box it is very very light and whilst I am no weight weenie it feels more than light enough for me as I like bike hitting between 15-16lb.

Hope this helps.
    oooohhh...ahh.... i did see the WC46 listed as a finish, but i'd not seen photos. i assumed it was more of a rainbow jersey thing.

looks absolutely fantastic, and while i like my s-works project black (matte black version), the one you have is lust-worthy.

that's an s-works, so i'm pretty confident in what the weights will be. i'm more curious about real-world weights for the mclaren frameset.

my venge came out to just an ounce or 2 over 15 pounds without really trying to do anything lightweight -- with deep wheels (80mm), a power meter, and di2. a build in the mid-14's would be pretty easy, and a true weight-weenie could do mid-13s without all that much trouble.

i'm really, really impressed!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    oooohhh...ahh.... i did see the WC46 listed as a finish, but i'd not seen photos. i assumed it was more of a rainbow jersey thing.

looks absolutely fantastic, and while i like my s-works project black (matte black version), the one you have is lust-worthy.

that's an s-works, so i'm pretty confident in what the weights will be. i'm more curious about real-world weights for the mclaren frameset.

my venge came out to just an ounce or 2 over 15 pounds without really trying to do anything lightweight -- with deep wheels (80mm), a power meter, and di2. a build in the mid-14's would be pretty easy, and a true weight-weenie could do mid-13s without all that much trouble.

i'm really, really impressed!
    Likewise, your bike and build is a dream so credit there. We all win on these bikes, let the naysayers say and think what they like, but as ever the proof is in the pudding and these bikes are the mutts nuts. I cannot wait to destroy the bunch come Saturday mornings on this (joking of course)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Likewise, your bike and build is a dream so credit there. We all win on these bikes, let the naysayers say and think what they like, but as ever the proof is in the pudding and these bikes are the mutts nuts. I cannot wait to destroy the bunch come Saturday mornings on this (joking of course)
    mine is presently very fast.....on the indoor trainer. i estimate the frame is saving me 100W during my winter interval sessions.

(seriously, though...the bike IS mounted on my trainer. i'm relegated to indoor riding from november through at least march.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    ps hard to tell from the pics, but it appears that that venge may have the new seat clamp that accommodates all sizes/shapes of rails (incl carbon railed saddles). is that so?

i have one of those on the way to me from europe (should be here any day), but it has yet to be released here in the 'States.

4NAK8R
    Sep 2004
    ps hard to tell from the pics, but it appears that that venge may have the new seat clamp that accommodates all sizes/shapes of rails (incl carbon railed saddles). is that so?

i have one of those on the way to me from europe (should be here any day), but it has yet to be released here in the 'States.
    It's been available in the States for months. You just have to know who to ask.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    It's been available in the States for months. You just have to know who to ask.
    Nice! If you're buying multiple Venges (and a McLaren at that!) I am sure they take care of you.

I'd asked all over and was told the same thing. I know a shop that said they had 20 on order, the moment they came out.

Oh well...i think they are still very limited supply. I'd heard a few frames were coming with them as stock (perhaps the McLaren)? My 2012 Venge and 2012 Shiv didn't come with that clamp.

Care to give any more details on how you got yours, or is that sensitive info?

Can you weigh your McLaren (as shown in your picture)? Love to see some weights.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    @ smellmygas Where you bought the McLaren bike ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    any real life pics of the WC46 Venge Frameset?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    i actually have two sets of the 7x9 clamp for carbon rails on the way to me. i thought that someone out there might be looking for one and wouldn't be able to find it -- and maybe i could make their day.

shoot a pm if you're interested (or post here), and i'll se about getting it to ya! should be here in the next couple of days, if not sooner.

this works for the venge post, as well as any specialized post with a similar clamp design. venge, transition, shiv and s-works pave posts come immediately to mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    this is a jizz in pants thread

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Tetonrider-
    Where did you get the carbon clamps? I have a Project Black Venge & I have been looking for the clamps for months. I will send you a private message. I want the clamps.
    Sweeeeeeet!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkcity View Post
    Tetonrider-
    Where did you get the carbon clamps? I have a Project Black Venge & I have been looking for the clamps for months. I will send you a private message. I want the clamps.
    Sweeeeeeet!
    bonkcity is the new owner of a set of these. (see pic)

for anyone that is curious, i was wondering why it was called "7+9" clamp. turns out the answer is simple...there is BOTH 7x7 and 7x9 clamps in the package. for the weight weenies out there, the new clamp mechanism came to 61g on my scale. can't recall off the top of my head, but i want to say the older mechanism (bolt, nut, 4 clamp pieces) came to ~55g. that said, on my venge i'll save 150g going from my temp saddle to the carbon railed saddle i normally ride, so i guess it's worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-a48h5114.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Tetonrider is the man! Class act! I am stoked.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkcity View Post
    Tetonrider is the man! Class act! I am stoked.
    well, i'm A man. i knew how badly i wanted one of these for myself and how hard they are to come by at the moment, so when i found one i figured i'd get another to help someone out/hook them up.

glad to be able to help. i believe we should help each other when we can.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    I got so frustrated about not being able to find the 9mm carbon rail clamps n just modified the clamps that came on my S-Works Venge to fit my Selle Italia Kit Carbonio saddle that has square carbon rails. Took me a few hours but I'm a happy camper now. Hehe

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Has anyone been able to find these mounts? Desperately looking for one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGzMaN View Post
    Has anyone been able to find these mounts? Desperately looking for one.
    Just file it down yourself. U only need to take 2mm of material off the outside clamp piece. It needs to be 9mm tall n 7mm wide. The standard clamp is 7mm tall n 7mm wide for round rails. The piece that sits inside the seat post is the same even if u buy the 7x9 clamps from Specialized. A bit of time n some careful filing n you're done.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast