Aug 2011

my HTC Di2 :)

Cant wait till the snow is gone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-img_4377.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Here's mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-020-large-.jpg   Photos of your Venge-0212121521.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hm...what method are you using in order to run those UT cranks? I'm quite certain that they're not compatible, but I've seen 2 people try two different ways and both failed. One damaged the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
    Hm...what method are you using in order to run those UT cranks? I'm quite certain that they're not compatible, but I've seen 2 people try two different ways and both failed. One damaged the frame.
    I don't know, I had a shop build it. Let me know what the two methods were and I will ask the mechanic and confirm. Thanks for the information.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marcm View Post
    I don't know, I had a shop build it. Let me know what the two methods were and I will ask the mechanic and confirm. Thanks for the information.
    Sorry dustin, I can PM yet...need 10 posts.
    Thanks for the information. Wow...I feel like puking. I just built the bike and it has only 35 miles on it. Not to mention that I spent a couple thousand on the campy. Wow is all I can say... Thank you so much. You likely saved my frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    All S-Works? No one is buying the pro version?

Not a climber
    I don't like the pro version that's flat black with blue lettering. Funny enough, my LBS has a Venge built up that is a flat black Pro with white lettering. Looks just like the project black S-works, but its a pro model. Thought it was weird since that frame isn't on the Spec website anywhere. They also have a Green Jersey edition and a McLaren frame, so maybe they can get whatever the hell they want haha.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dalessit View Post
    All S-Works? No one is buying the pro version?
    The pro isnt cheap enough to justify not going with the s-works imo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    so clean, these just look fast

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skyler View Post
    The pro isnt cheap enough to justify not going with the s-works imo.
    For me the extra couple thousand $ was enough justification.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-vengepro.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marcm View Post
    Here's mine
    Beautiful Bike, Congrats!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    $5900 for a frame? Here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
    Rather than deal with it, I just bought a Specialized crank. Wanna but a slightly used Campy SR TI crank?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-022-large-.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Got the call this morning that mine is nearly ready. Swung by the shop between meetings and got a quick phone photo of it. It should be done tomorrow. Pity it's raining... No chance to ride anytime soon!

Will follow up with some better photos once I get it home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-29022012249.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    figured it was time for me to post one of mine. i've had it built up for a while now.

the side view is a shot before i did a little work to clean up the front wiring. i snapped the photo from the front after i did some of that work, but also to give an idea of the frontal profile of the bike. still about 15 minutes of work there to get the di2 wires largely hidden from the front, though the brake lines will be hanging out there.

comes in at <15# as shown...with no crazy effort to be light. (deep wheels, di2, power meter)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of your Venge-a48h5585.jpg   Photos of your Venge-a48h5663.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    where did u hide the battery?

Not a climber
    Sick, how do you like those Zipp bars?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b_new_b View Post
    Attachment 246992
    52cm
    14.2 lbs.
    DT Swiss 32 clinchers.
    Lightning/Quarq cranks
    Dura Ace
    Ritchey controls
    TRP brakes

Hi,
    I'm sorry to use this picture but I find that the matt black Venge just looked like any brandless china-made frame with "specialized" smacked on the tubes. I see others made personal colors to it and it looked so much better. Specialized should give more color scheme for Venge.
    Again, I apologize if I offended some riders here.

Not a climber
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerzoid View Post
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to use this picture but I find that the matt black Venge just looked like any brandless china-made frame with "specialized" smacked on the tubes. I see others made personal colors to it and it looked so much better. Specialized should give more color scheme for Venge.
    Again, I apologize if I offended some riders here.
    You should tell Cavendish and the other pros that are riding the Venge, see what they have to say. Anyone in the pro peleton riding a chinese made bike?

No offense, but I doubt anyone in this thread cares about what someone on the internet says about their bike choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
    You should tell Cavendish and the other pros that are riding the Venge, see what they have to say. Anyone in the pro peleton riding a chinese made bike?

No offense, but I doubt anyone in this thread cares about what someone on the internet says about their bike choice.
    I think he was just expressing an opinion about the coloring/styling of the bike, not really about the quality (or other attributes).

Pro riders generally ride what their sponsors have them ride, with a few choices in a line.

Anyway, I didn't take his comments to mean "the Venge is a bad bike" -- simply that matte black, to his eye, makes it look less distinctive.

Then again, matte black happens to be my ideal, which is one reason why I like my Venge & Shiv TT. Then again, if they weren't great rides, the color would not matter (to me).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorn View Post

If I can tell them, I would rather tell Specialized. Anyway, can anyone confirm the real bikes are not made in China or Taiwan? Most carbon frames even the high end ones came from there. I'm not saying anything bad about the bike nor the riders, I'm pretty sure there will be replicas soon and the last thing you want is people mistaken the real deal for fake.

Quote Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
    I think he was just expressing an opinion about the coloring/styling of the bike, not really about the quality (or other attributes).

Pro riders generally ride what their sponsors have them ride, with a few choices in a line.

Anyway, I didn't take his comments to mean "the Venge is a bad bike" -- simply that matte black, to his eye, makes it look less distinctive.

Then again, matte black happens to be my ideal, which is one reason why I like my Venge & Shiv TT. Then again, if they weren't great rides, the color would not matter (to me).
    Thanks for understanding my point of view more or less. Venge would look different if the matt black frame/ fork is paired with shiny black decals. Or at lease some more designs on it, rather than the current wordings... this is just my opinion, you may disagree.

My friends who ride Venge got nothing but compliments on the bike which I believe them, coz they are hard to catch up with...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    If I can tell them, I would rather tell Specialized. Anyway, can anyone confirm the real bikes are not made in China or Taiwan? Most carbon frames even the high end ones came from there. I'm not saying anything bad about the bike nor the riders, I'm pretty sure there will be replicas soon and the last thing you want is people mistaken the real deal for fake.
    specialized bikes are made in taiwan, as are most bikes people are riding today (but certainly not all bikes).

Thanks for understanding my point of view more or less. Venge would look different if the matt black frame/ fork is paired with shiny black decals. Or at lease some more designs on it, rather than the current wordings... this is just my opinion, you may disagree.

My friends who ride Venge got nothing but compliments on the bike which I believe them, coz they are hard to catch up with...
    you're entitled to your point of view. anyone who selected a bike for what other people think is focused on the wrong thing.

i would bet that the people posting in this thread are excited by their choice, and that's all that matters. not everyone chooses the same frame set for a variety of reasons, and even those who do like the same frame do not all choose the same colors & components. there are many points of view one can have in life, and many choices to match.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    I've been waiting 6 weeks for my S-Works Venge with SRAM Red to come in. It's been delayed twice. Anyone aware of any manufacturing issues that may be causing delays?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Wow! I love the Zipp Vuka Sprint bars on tetonrider's bike. Not available at the Zipp dealer in Malaysia.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast