RoadBikeReview Member

Roubaix Elite Apex Compact Weight vs Cannodale Synapse

I'm looking for a budget endurance bike. Does anyone know the weight of the 58 Roubaix Elite Apex Compact? I'm also looking at the Synapse Carbon 4 Rival. Any thoughts? I'm 48 and doing group rides and centuries, (second year cycling, in medium shape). I'm a SRAM fan. I need options.
    OBEY THE RULES
    Rule #5
    H.T.F.U.
    Rule #9
    If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    I have a 54 Roubaix Elite frame, built with Dura Ace, carbon stems, Topolino wheels, KCNC brakes and so on, it is right around 16 pounds.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by tipstall View Post
    I'm looking for a budget endurance bike. Does anyone know the weight of the 58 Roubaix Elite Apex Compact? I'm also looking at the Synapse Carbon 4 Rival. Any thoughts? I'm 48 and doing group rides and centuries, (second year cycling, in medium shape). I'm a SRAM fan. I need options.
    Here's a link to some 2013 Spec bike weights. They list the Roubaix Elite, but don't specify Apex. Should be a couple of ounces less than the 105 version, but that's about all. I believe they test 56cm frames.

2013 Specialized Road, Cyclocross & Triathlon Bikes – Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor

Re: bike weights, FWIW, I have one bike that weighs 16.4 lbs and another than weights about 19 lbs. My performance on both is the same. Point being, I wouldn't fret too much over relatively small weight differences.