RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 (wireless question)

I just recently bought a 2018 Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 with the latest Di2 system. I'm trying to connect it up with my Garmin. My question is does anyone know if the EW-WU111 is installed on this bike?
    I am having no luck connecting it up to my Garmin or the E Tube app on my phone.
    Upon further research I know I have the BT-DN1110 Battery which is wireless compatable. But since I can't get it to connect I am assuming the wireless unit was not installed.
    Anyone have any experience with this? Shimano or Specialized won't return my emails...ugh!

Forever a Student
    Did they advertise the bike to you as wireless connectivity to your phone?

If not then don't bet on it being there.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    That is almost certainly a "No".

You can connect it to a computer via the charger and use the etube software to provide an inventory of the components in the system. You can also update to the latest firmware while you are in there.

Alternatively, any bike shop can do this for you (for a small fee).
    Last edited by Migen21; 11-29-2017 at 02:53 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wvmtb View Post
    I just recently bought a 2018 Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 with the latest Di2 system. I'm trying to connect it up with my Garmin. My question is does anyone know if the EW-WU111 is installed on this bike?
    I am having no luck connecting it up to my Garmin or the E Tube app on my phone.
    Upon further research I know I have the BT-DN1110 Battery which is wireless compatable. But since I can't get it to connect I am assuming the wireless unit was not installed.
    Anyone have any experience with this? Shimano or Specialized won't return my emails...ugh!
    How is the bike ? Iím considering the expert di2 aswell for spring.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by wvmtb View Post
    I recently purchased this bike and it definitely did not include the EW-WU111. There is a blank in its place so itís super simple to swap in the new part. Luckily my shop had the part and we added it. The first firmware update failed (using phone) and the system locked up. Pulled the EW-WU111 and disconnected the battery for 5 min. Put everything back which rebooted system. Re-ran firmware update from phone and it went through the second time. Now running and fully integrated with my Garmin 1030. I assigned the top buttons to go forward and back through screens on the head unit.

I set up the bike with the Varia UT-800 and Varia rear radar. Also added the Vector 3 pedals. Running a Wahoo sensor for speed since the pedals give cadence and use a Tikr heart rate strap. Itís a great setup.

First time with Di2. I love it and the bike.

kgg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcocoabeach View Post
    There is a blank in its place so itís super simple to swap in the new part.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? It would certainly be helpful to hear where it was installed.
    Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kgg View Post
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? It would certainly be helpful to hear where it was installed.
    Thanks.
    Sure, it's on the Di2 cables that exit from the handlebar tape in front of the handlebars/stem. It's exposed and takes only seconds to change, it just snaps into place on either end, replacing the blank that is removed first.