RoadBikeReview Member

S-Works Allez Frameset 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a 2015 S-Works Allez frameset, size 52, (the polished alloy one, no the painted version). I have a 2015 S-Works Tarmac, but I'm thinking about building a "winter bike" and I simply love the Allez in this color scheme.

Specialized dealers here in Portugal don't have it and can't find it anymore.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please post the information here.

Thanks.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    The frame set you're talking about was available in pretty limited quantities... and I would imagine they were all snatched up long ago. I can't point you to any specific ones for sale, but a good avenue to start might be instagram.. if you search the hashtag #sworksallez you'll find photos posted by people that own them. Perhaps do some digging and see if anyone is interested in selling.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    For what its worth, the 2016 Allez DSW SL Expert and Allez DSW SL Comp both come in polished frame versions. They are not S-Works bikes, but they're very close. The only differences between the DSW SL frames and the S-Works frame is that the tubing in the rear triangle of the S-Works was triple butted, as opposed to being double butted and the S-Works Allez had an S-Works Tarmac carbon fork, as opposed to the standard tarmac carbon fork on the DSW SL frames. All in all, the S-Works Allez frame set is about 200 grams lighter because of those differences... not much really.

Here's the Expert

Here's the 2016 Comp

Here's a picture of my 2015 Comp.... built up wit mid-level components and it weighs just 16.5 pounds. I have a friend that built the same frame set with DA9000 mechanical and his weighs 14.8.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Tanks TricrossRich,

I know it won't be an easy task. I could've bought the painted version from an UK retailer but being a relatively expensive frame (for alloy), I would settle for a second option, if you know what I mean.

I've seen those frames you posted above and I like the expert (yours is very nice too), but unfortunately they don't have the Expert model here in Portugal (only Comp). They don't even sell Allez framesets this year, so my options are short.

My idea was building an S-Works frame, with SRAM Red 10v taken from my previous bike and Zipp 101s, wich are my winter wheels. Judging by your bike's weight makes me think that going for a non s-works version, might be an option.

I have time, so I'll try and find the desired S-Works polished version. If I don't succeed, then it's time to try different solutions.

Thanks again.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetfield View Post
    Tanks TricrossRich,

I know it won't be an easy task. I could've bought the painted version from an UK retailer but being a relatively expensive frame (for alloy), I would settle for a second option, if you know what I mean.
    I understand completely... for the price of an S-Works frame, you should get what you want, for sure. My point though is that you're primarily paying for the exclusivity of the frame and the S-Works branding/badging. In actuality, there's not much difference compared to the Allez DSW SL frames.

I've seen those frames you posted above and I like the expert (yours is very nice too), but unfortunately they don't have the Expert model here in Portugal (only Comp). They don't even sell Allez framesets this year, so my options are short.
    It may be difficult to get an expert in Portugal, but it can't be more difficult than getting an S-Works just for the simply fact that the Expert is still being made and not in limited quantities.

My idea was building an S-Works frame, with SRAM Red 10v taken from my previous bike and Zipp 101s, wich are my winter wheels. Judging by your bike's weight makes me think that going for a non s-works version, might be an option.

I have time, so I'll try and find the desired S-Works polished version. If I don't succeed, then it's time to try different solutions.

Thanks again.
    That sound like a great build plan... will definitely be a strong-performing bike.
    Mike bike started as a comp with 5800 105 on it. I swapped the bars, saddle, seat post, stem and wheels... and gradually upgraded the components. Currently it has S-Works Aerofly bars, Fizik Cyrano R1 stem, Fizik Cyrano R1 carbon seat post, Fizik Antares R1 carbon saddle, Yoeleo SAT Superlight wheels (1460g/set) with Ultegra 6800 crank (with stages PM), brakes and FD. The RD and brifters are still 105. It is a size 54 and weighs 16.7 pounds. Now that I think about it, the 16.7 weight was when it still had the 105 FD and full steerer, maybe now its 16.5.. LOL

My friend bought just the frame set... he built it with DA9000 mechanical, carbon saddle, bars, etc and DA9000 C24 wheels, size 49 and it weighed 14.8 pounds. That is LIGHT for an alloy bike.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    The 2015 polished s-works frame is di2 only. It is the only di2 allez frame made. I will take one, want it for a backup frame.

Jedi Master
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bj.bonnette View Post
    The 2015 polished s-works frame is di2 only.
    No, no it is not. Cable stops clearly visible, no mention of DI2 only. Specialized Bicycle Components

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vertr View Post
    No, no it is not. Cable stops clearly visible, no mention of DI2 only. Specialized Bicycle Components
    Specialized Bicycle Components
    I was going off this bike, which is di2 and does not have the cable stops.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    The 2015 polished s-works frame is di2 only. It is the only di2 allez frame made. I will take one, want it for a backup frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by vertr View Post
    Specialized Bicycle Components
    I was going off this bike, which is di2 and does not have the cable stops.
    The polished complete S-Works bike is Di2 only. The polished frame set has cable guides.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    If it wasn't such a pain to ship to other countries, I would offer to sell you my allez frame. It's not an sworks, but it is the frameset option.

S-Works Allez Frameset 2015-img_7843.jpg
    Last edited by tyrich88; 01-26-2016 at 01:32 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    For what its worth, the 2016 Allez DSW SL Expert and Allez DSW SL Comp both come in polished frame versions. They are not S-Works bikes, but they're very close. The only differences between the DSW SL frames and the S-Works frame is that the tubing in the rear triangle of the S-Works was triple butted, as opposed to being double butted and the S-Works Allez had an S-Works Tarmac carbon fork, as opposed to the standard tarmac carbon fork on the DSW SL frames. All in all, the S-Works Allez frame set is about 200 grams lighter because of those differences... not much really.

Here's the Expert

Here's the 2016 Comp

Here's a picture of my 2015 Comp.... built up wit mid-level components and it weighs just 16.5 pounds. I have a friend that built the same frame set with DA9000 mechanical and his weighs 14.8.

you painted with black matte? is beautifil this sworks allez!!

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rlombardi View Post
    you painted with black matte? is beautifil this sworks allez!!
    The black bike is a 2015 Allez comp... it is not an S-Works, but it is a Smart Weld frame. Since this thread started, I'cve actually found out some additional info about the S-Works Allez. The actual frame sets are no different from the rest of the smart weld frames. When the smart weld frames were welded up, they'd choose the best looking ones to be S-Works models. The ones that had the cleanest, best looking welds, because they had no paint to hide anything. The lack of paint also meant they weighed less. This, combined with the S-Works Tarmac fork resulted in a frame and fork that was about 150g lighter than a standard smart weld Allez frame and fork.

I decided to strip the black paint from my frame and bring it down to bare metal. I also purchased a black S-Works Tarmac fork. Specialized claims the S-Works Allez frame was 1050g. I'm assuming that is for a size 49. Stripped of paint, my size 54 1107. I rebuilt the bike with the S-Works fork and DA9000 components. The bike dropped from 16.7 pounds, down to 15.2 pounds.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017

[/QUOTE]

Really really nice this new aluminium painted. i have the sworks allez in black painted.the frameset is really awesome and beautifil. When i saw your black matte allez i loved, but the new painted that you put in, is so good to!!
    This is my sworks allez :
    S-Works Allez Frameset 2015-20170209_200143.jpg