Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    424

    Sagan to ride the new Roubaix

    It will be interesting to see how the new Roubaix does this year at Roubaix. Obviously it has a rider that could win it.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    430
    It would help them sell them too if it manages to get a win under its belt. No idea how sales are going on the new roubaix. I don't think I've seen any out in the wild yet, but then I still haven't seen any of the new VIAS either. I have seen a couple madones though.

  3. #3
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    It would help them sell them too if it manages to get a win under its belt. No idea how sales are going on the new roubaix. I don't think I've seen any out in the wild yet, but then I still haven't seen any of the new VIAS either. I have seen a couple madones though.
    I've seen both the new Roubaix and ViAS in the wild, but then again, I'm in the NJ/NYC area... which is pretty populated.

    One of the guys in my local ride group has a new Roubaix. He loves it and I was along side at one point on a particularly choppy road and I could actually see the future shock doing its job.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wetworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    I've seen both the new Roubaix and ViAS in the wild, but then again, I'm in the NJ/NYC area... which is pretty populated.

    One of the guys in my local ride group has a new Roubaix. He loves it and I was along side at one point on a particularly choppy road and I could actually see the future shock doing its job.
    Sagan rode this bike at the charity event I went to back in November. What I heard from the front of the pack was that he enjoyed it quite a bit. Guess we'll see...

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    33

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    33

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    287
    Looks like Terpstra broke his FutureShock... http://i.imgur.com/Cm2l9Nr.png

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletSiphon View Post
    Looks like Terpstra broke his FutureShock... http://i.imgur.com/Cm2l9Nr.png
    Weakness of the futureshock or is a break like that normal? I don't recall seeing anythingg like that in the past but my race watching is limited.

  9. #9
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    Weakness of the futureshock or is a break like that normal? I don't recall seeing anythingg like that in the past but my race watching is limited.
    I have seen bikes break like that in the past, but it doesn't happen often. ON standard bikes, its usually a build problem, over tightening of the stem for example that cracks/breaks the steerer. I think there were also instances a few years ago with certain Trek bikes and people not using an approved stem. In any case, the future shock could have been a potential cause or maybe not... really hard to tell without any good pictures or info and Paris-Roubaix completely smashes riders and bikes...
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  10. #10
    Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Reputation: kbwh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,751
    What Terpstra did is by some referred to as "doing a Hincapie". GH broke his "normal" steerer in 2006.

    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

  11. #11
    JSR
    JSR is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    What Terpstra did is by some referred to as "doing a Hincapie". GH broke his "normal" steerer in 2006.
    He broke his collar bone, too! The irony was that he had chosen a fork with aluminum steerer, thinking that was the conservative route vs carbon fiber.

    I agree it's hard to tell what happened to Terpstra's bike, but it looks bad for Specialized until they can explain it.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    424
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZg1vrvGbdE

    And a link to see the carnage.

  13. #13
    Road Warrior
    Reputation: n2deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Butcher View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZg1vrvGbdE

    And a link to see the carnage.
    Man, that was a nasty tumble..

  14. #14
    Forever a Student
    Reputation: MMsRepBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    I agree it's hard to tell what happened to Terpstra's bike, but it looks bad for Specialized until they can explain it.

    Don't bet on that ever happening.
    use a torque wrench

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    424
    Who knows what caused the issue, but since these riders crash more frequently than other races, it's highly possible that like Hincapie, Terpstra crashed, damaged his bike, got back on the bike [not knowing it's damaged] and the bike eventually failed.

    But then again, maybe the Future Shock is a terrible idea. Either way, I'm certain Specialized looked at it and is deciding what to do about it. Certainly, they will not tell us.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    33

  17. #17
    Forever a Student
    Reputation: MMsRepBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,495
    use a torque wrench

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    33
    I find it more interesting he didn't want the travel of the future shock. Wonder why he didn't ride a Tarmac instead. Tire clearance?

  19. #19
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Side View Post
    I find it more interesting he didn't want the travel of the future shock. Wonder why he didn't ride a Tarmac instead. Tire clearance?
    Probably...
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    287
    While I think the FutureShock is a good idea and might be on my next bike, I guess a pro could prefer not to have one for an all-out sprint,which is something most amateurs rarely ever do (except when I try to reclaim my KOM in the street adjacent to my house )

Similar Threads

  1. Peter Sagan Charity Ride
    By Wetworks in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 07:36 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 07:53 AM
  3. How much smoother is the Roubaix ride?
    By bigskychuck in forum Specialized
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:27 AM
  4. ROUBAIX SL3 RIDE COMFORT - Help
    By CHRIS217 in forum Specialized
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
  5. Roubaix First Ride Today
    By xrayjay in forum Specialized
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •