Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 189 of 189
  1. #176
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    How often do you guys ride your alloy bikes vs your carbon bikes? I am trying to determine how soon I need to start planning to add a Supersix Evo Hi Mod to the stable. I would like to try to make it until at least late Spring or Summer if I can, but I want the freedom to spend long 60+ mile days in the saddle again. I made up my mind this morning that the new Supersix Evo Hi Mod is what I will be adding once I do though. At what point do you start to feel like, man I wish I was on my carbon bike (50 miles+? or not at all?)?
    I used to have CAAD10 and another carbon bike: Orbea Orca. I rode my CAAD10 three days a week (Tue - Thu) to work for 34 miles round trip. It was pretty much my commute/rain bike. I only ride my Orbea for group weekend ride and racing during the season. I didn't mind at all riding the alloy bikes and I don't think you will find unpleasant riding in a long distance. I don't get it when people said they get beat up by alloy bike. I've done double century twice on CAAD10. But I'm pretty much in Specialized camp right now (S-WORKS Tarmac and Roubaix disc). Roubaix is my replacement for commute / rain bike and I'm patiently waiting for Allez Sprint X2. Enjoy your CAAD 10 and good luck on your next Supersix Evo Hi Mod. That's a truly nice bike as well.
    Last edited by aqualelaki; 12-24-2015 at 10:50 AM.

  2. #177
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by aqualelaki View Post
    I used to have CAAD10 and another carbon bike: Orbea Orca. I rode my CAAD10 three days a week (Tue - Thu) to work for 34 miles round trip. It was pretty much my commute/rain bike. I only ride my Orbea for group weekend ride and racing during the season. I didn't mind at all riding the alloy bikes and I don't think you will find unpleasant riding in a long distance. I don't get it when people said they get beat up by alloy bike. I've done double century twice on CAAD10. But I'm pretty much in Specialized camp right now (S-WORKS Tarmac and Roubaix disc). Roubaix is my replacement for commute / rain bike and I'm patiently waiting for Allez Sprint X2. Enjoy your CAAD 10 and good luck on your next Supersix Evo Hi Mod. That's a truly nice bike as well.
    Thank you Sir. Nothing wrong with going to Specialized either. Very nice bikes. I am looking forward to the build. I plan on ordering my cockpit, seatpost and saddle in a few days, the groupset will follow that and then probably wheels last. Hoping to add the new SS Hi-Mod by Summer.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  3. #178
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    277
    Anyone see this floating around?
    Another Allez Sprint 2X out and about
    Hopefully they are coming soon!
    Attachment 311414

  4. #179
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrich88 View Post
    Anyone see this floating around?
    Another Allez Sprint 2X out and about
    Hopefully they are coming soon!
    Attachment 311414
    Attachment doesn't work.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  5. #180
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrich88 View Post
    Anyone see this floating around?
    Another Allez Sprint 2X out and about
    Hopefully they are coming soon!
    Attachment 311414
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Attachment doesn't work.
    UGH! what a let down... playing with my emotions.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  6. #181
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    UGH! what a let down... playing with my emotions.
    Lol, I was excited as well.

  7. #182
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    87

  8. #183
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post
    Nice! I would prefer less stripes, but I think the bike looks good in one solid color. I wonder when they are going to let the public know more about the different builds and prices.
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 12-31-2015 at 08:49 AM.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  9. #184
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post
    Ahhhh... bad Ronald, teasing us with another build. That's not fair.

    Bike looks great. I'm sure that Chuck is going to love it.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  10. #185
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post
    Thats the one I posted. Sorry the link didn't work guys.

  11. #186
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2

    Help me find the Cable Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    hey guys, I got some info about the smart Allez frames... apparently there's been some issues with the bottom bracket cable guides that have been shipped with bikes.


    This is how they should look...



    the part on the bike is the proper one.. the one being held is the part that's been shipped with some of the bikes and it was the part that was in the part catalog as the replacement, which is wrong.

    Here's a pic of my bike... it has the correct part, but is missing the extension that gets the cable over the bigger welds on the DSW frames, so the FD cable is rubbing directly on the frame, which is causing some damage and also effecting front shifting.



    My LBS has ordered the correct part and it'll be getting fixed once it comes in.
    I can't find the cable guide anywhere in your bottom picture. Can you direct me to the site where you found it????

  12. #187
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserman1967 View Post
    I can't find the cable guide anywhere in your bottom picture. Can you direct me to the site where you found it????
    There's not a site to order it from. Its a Specialized part that your dealer has to order.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

  13. #188
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    There's not a site to order it from. Its a Specialized part that your dealer has to order.
    I did not buy my bike new. It's a Specialized Allez Triple 2009. I haven't been able to find this part at my local store (Cannondale dealer) and hoped you had a better idea how to get it.

  14. #189
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserman1967 View Post
    I did not buy my bike new. It's a Specialized Allez Triple 2009. I haven't been able to find this part at my local store (Cannondale dealer) and hoped you had a better idea how to get it.
    you'll have to find your local Specialized dealer.... and even if you haven't purchased your bike from them, they should be able to help you. If they're a Specialized dealer, they can get parts and service the bike.

    As for the part, you won't need the part in question. The part in question is for the D'allusio Smart Weld Allez frames and these weren't available in 2009.
    ___________________________
    2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador

    www.Crankaddicts.cc

    www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Specialized Venge?
    By Ahillock in forum Specialized
    Replies: 493
    Last Post: 08-13-2015, 09:27 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 10:15 AM
  3. Specialized allez e5 Allez owners..sizing help
    By stunzeed in forum Specialized
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2013, 12:14 PM
  4. 2003 Specialized Comp Cr_Mo or 2009 Specialized Allez?
    By JimWoodward in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
  5. Newbie; Specialized Allez vs. Specialized Ruby Elite
    By trishavt in forum Specialized
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •