Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    n3o
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2015

Specialized Allez 2016?any info?

Does anyone have any info on the Allez 2016 line...what colour combinations would be for the Allez comp and for the Allez E5 frame? Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Most of that wont be released for a few more weeks, maybe longer. The entire line usually comes out in august. Just depends on if they release the allez with the other stuff around the TDF

TRi-Kev-83
    Oct 2013
    From what I know so far, is that all the 2016 Specialized Allez's will all be smartwelds. The only big question is, will they have a different level on the smartweld framesets. I know my friend who works for a specialized dealer is going to Morgan Hill, Specialized headquarters in July for the showcase of all the 2016 bikes.
    Specialized Venge - Red 22 group. Reynolds 58/46 mixed aero set.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kevra83 View Post
    From what I know so far, is that all the 2016 Specialized Allez's will all be smartwelds. The only big question is, will they have a different level on the smartweld framesets.
    Yup.. I'd say this is a pretty good guess. Right now, the Smartweld goes down to the Elite... leaving the sport and base as standard welding. I'd bet for 2016, the entire line gets it.

That being said, there is still a difference between the elite and the higher end smartweld frames.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    True. I am hoping the smartweld tech goes alot further than the entire allez line. I'd like to see a smartweld crux and a mountain bike frame too!

TRi-Kev-83
    Oct 2013
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking what they'll do with the 2016 smartweld's I'm guessing. It wouldn't be good if they used same exact frameset even for the base model and paying almost twice the price for the Comp with 105 components. We just have to wait and see...

BTW... Tricrossrich, nice specialized allez you have. You should mine out in my profile album. I saw in another thread of your pictures of you in the criterium race. I've done a couple and finished pretty good. Sorry to get off subject in someone's thread. I just hope they don't raise the price too much on the new Allez smartweld framesets. But who knows...

n3o
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks all for your replys....when would be Allez lineup be presented?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking what they'll do with the 2016 smartweld's I'm guessing. It wouldn't be good if they used same exact frameset even for the base model and paying almost twice the price for the Comp with 105 components. We just have to wait and see...

BTW... Tricrossrich, nice specialized allez you have. You should mine out in my profile album. I saw in another thread of your pictures of you in the criterium race. I've done a couple and finished pretty good. Sorry to get off subject in someone's thread. I just hope they don't raise the price too much on the new Allez smartweld framesets. But who knows...
    Kevra... thanks. I checked your bike out, very nice. You need to get it outside for some pics. here's a shot of my Allez.

Quote Originally Posted by n3o View Post
    Thanks all for your replys....when would be Allez lineup be presented?
    The bikes should all be presented in July... there will be a press/dealer event at Specialized headquarters in Morgan Hill, Ca.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

TRi-Kev-83
    Oct 2013
    Yeah for sure around July to August the new 2016 Allez's will be released. My friend who's store manager of local specialized dealer goes to specialized show second week of next month. So we'll see...

Thanks Tricross. This is a couple pictures I took after yesterday's hot 90+ degree interval training ride. Don't mind my terrible iphone 6 plus picture shooting. Lol...

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014

Thanks Tricross. This is a couple pictures I took after yesterday's hot 90+ degree interval training ride. Don't mind my terrible iphone 6 plus picture shooting. Lol...

Sweet ride.... those wheels really go well with the rest of the graphic scheme on the bike.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Kevra... thanks. I checked your bike out, very nice. You need to get it outside for some pics. here's a shot of my Allez.

The bikes should all be presented in July... there will be a press/dealer event at Specialized headquarters in Morgan Hill, Ca.
    i have been looking into getting one of these bikes for a while now in that model, and all i have to say about your bike is wow, the pictures on the specialized website really dont make the bike look that good, i have found that with all the specialized bikes i have seen but that really just looks beautiful. what do you think of it? worth the money? any upgrades?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by spesh18 View Post
    i have been looking into getting one of these bikes for a while now in that model, and all i have to say about your bike is wow, the pictures on the specialized website really dont make the bike look that good, i have found that with all the specialized bikes i have seen but that really just looks beautiful. what do you think of it? worth the money? any upgrades?
    Thank you... I love this bike, but I can't exactly say why. I also have a Venge Pro with DA9000 group set and I try to divide my time equally between the 2 bikes. A few of my friends can't figure out why I'd choose to ride this over the Venge, as often as I do, but there's just something about this bike. The frame is very good. It is very light and very stiff, especially for an aluminum bike. The handling is very good.The one downside of the bike is that it can be a rough ride, especially compared to a carbon bike... its not the worst I've been on (my tricross was 100% aluminum, including fork and steerer) but it is definitely not as comfy as the Venge. I think this bike is definitely worth the money.. the 5800 105 group set is very, very good. I did make a few changes...

1. Changed the crank set over to Ultegra 6800. I had a Stages 6800 power meter on my previous bike and a friend was selling a 6800 crank, so I picked it up so I could run the power meter.

2. Changed the brakes from the Axis 2.0 (specialized house brand) to Ultegra 6700. I had the Ultegra 6700 brakes, brand new, un-used from a previous bike that I had bought a group set for.. the other bike was a disc brake bike, so the brakes never got used. Some people have questioned the effectiveness of using the older 6700 brakes with the newer 5800/6800 levers, but I haven't had any issues and braking power and modulation is great.

3. Fizik Saddle, seat post, bars and stem.... swapped these over from a previous bike. Put the previous bike back to stock and sold it... figured I'd use them on the Allez, not because the Allez needed them, but just because I had them... they're certainly lighter. I may change the bars over to SWorks Aerofly. I use the Aerofly on my Venge and the fizik bars on the Allez are slightly different in terms of positioning... different enough that I can feel it and perhaps this is contributing to me not being as comfortable on the Allez for long rides, compared to the Venge.

4. Wheels... swapped the wheels over from the stock Axis 1.0 wheels to Yoeleo Superlight SAT 50mm carbon wheels. This, by far, has made the biggest difference. The wheels are significantly lighter and the ceramic bearings in the hubs spin forever.

Stock, the bike weighed somewhere around 19.0-19.2 pounds, after the changes, it now weighs 16.8.... lost almost 2.5 pounds and I'd bet that 1.5 pounds came straight form the wheels.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    thanks for the reply! once i have the money i think i will more than likley buy one, i might wait and see what 2016 models come out first before i buy, you said the bike is harsh, by that do you mean that it doesnt have much effect in absorbing bumps, was there an actuall problem with the standard wheels or did you just upgrade because you felt they could be better?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Generally speaking stock wheels work just fine, though they tend to be a bit heavy until you get to the higher end models that come with rovals. While not the cheapest upgrade wheels are also where you will usually notice the biggest difference in ride quality and performance in general. If you are just starting to ride you will be fine with the stock wheels, especially if cost is an issue. I think I ran stock wheels for about a year when I started riding but this will depend on what you want to spend.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    Generally speaking stock wheels work just fine, though they tend to be a bit heavy until you get to the higher end models that come with rovals. While not the cheapest upgrade wheels are also where you will usually notice the biggest difference in ride quality and performance in general. If you are just starting to ride you will be fine with the stock wheels, especially if cost is an issue. I think I ran stock wheels for about a year when I started riding but this will depend on what you want to spend.
    Agreed. I am getting along fine with the stock Fulcrum Racing 5s on my Allez. Within a year I will likely upgrade to the Racing 3s or HED Ardennes CLs as they will offer the best bang for my clyde butt...err buck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    thanks for the reply! once i have the money i think i will more than likley buy one, i might wait and see what 2016 models come out first before i buy, you said the bike is harsh, by that do you mean that it doesnt have much effect in absorbing bumps, was there an actuall problem with the standard wheels or did you just upgrade because you felt they could be better?
    I ride this bike exclusively and have had carbon bikes in the past. The bike is going to not be quite as smooth as a carbon bike, but it's really not bad. Best aluminum bike i've ever ridden.
    The ride quality is surprising for it bring aluminum.
    If you want some compliance for the bike, buy a CG-R seatpost and that will give you all the compliance you could ever need out of this bike.
    It really is a great bike.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    you said the bike is harsh, by that do you mean that it doesnt have much effect in absorbing bumps, was there an actuall problem with the standard wheels or did you just upgrade because you felt they could be better?
    Yes.. exactly, it doesn't do a great job absorbing bumps and road vibration, in my opinion.... but that's just relative to my carbon bike. Compared to other Aluminum bikes I've ridden, it is way better... and IMO, if you have 1600 you'd be better off buying an Allez comp with 105 as opposed to trying to find a low end carbon bike with low end components. You can fix a lot of the ride quality harshness with a seat post as suggested further down or some 700x25 tires. I swapped the wheels simply because i wanted something better. The stock wheels will be more than adequate for general riding, especially if it is your first road bike. I use this bike for crit racing, so I wanted something light, aerodynamic and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    Exactly! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    Agreed. I am getting along fine with the stock Fulcrum Racing 5s on my Allez. Within a year I will likely upgrade to the Racing 3s or HED Ardennes CLs as they will offer the best bang for my clyde butt...err buck.
    Keep in mind, the Racing Fulcrums are definitely a step or two up from the Axis wheels that come stock on the Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrich88 View Post
    I ride this bike exclusively and have had carbon bikes in the past. The bike is going to not be quite as smooth as a carbon bike, but it's really not bad. Best aluminum bike i've ever ridden.
    The ride quality is surprising for it bring aluminum.
    If you want some compliance for the bike, buy a CG-R seatpost and that will give you all the compliance you could ever need out of this bike.
    It really is a great bike.
    Yes... I don't want to give the impression that the bike is bad. Its not. Not by any stretch. I love riding it. But on long rides, I'll usually choose the Venge simply because I feel fresher when I get off it. I have done 70+ miles on the Allez though and used it for the NYC 5Boro bike tour on the streets of NYC (not really known for having smooth riding).

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez

TRi-Kev-83
    Oct 2013
    The new 2016 specialized Allez has been leaked or finally shown! Surf City cyclery Instagram. More of an aero frame they are saying. It seems like they get the new hot stuff before everyone else gets it. Lol... They are one of the closest Specialized concept stores too to Morgan Hill, CA. I think... It's time to drop some money purchase that frameset. If you MTB too, the new 2016 Specialized Camber FSR is making 650b too and only EVO geometry just like the new Stumpjumper's.

I'll keep you guys posted with more detail of the other new 2016 stuff coming out. The new 2016 specialized road apparel look pretty nice too. They are finally making some more colorful stuff for the roubaix comp, and expert level apparel. That way, you don't have to buy the SL Pro stuff to have the most top of the line.

I just bought a nice Ritchey Superlogic carbon seatpost too. It won't work on this frameset... Oh well...
    Last edited by kevra83; 07-10-2015 at 10:37 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    The new 2016 specialized Allez has been leaked or finally shown! Surf City cyclery Instagram. More of an aero frame they are saying. It seems like they get the new hot stuff before everyone else gets it. Lol... They are one of the closest Specialized concept stores too to Morgan Hill, CA. I think... It's time to drop some money purchase that frameset. If you MTB too, the new 2016 Specialized Camber FSR is making 650b too and only EVO geometry just like the new Stumpjumper's.

I'll keep you guys posted with more detail of the other new 2016 stuff coming out. The new 2016 specialized road apparel look pretty nice too. They are finally making some more colorful stuff for the roubaix comp, and expert level apparel. That way, you don't have to buy the SL Pro stuff to have the most top of the line.

I just bought a nice Ritchey Superlogic carbon seatpost too. It won't work on this frameset... Oh well...
    I'm pretty pumped up for the new Allez, been waiting for this.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Specialized Bicycle Components

The early launch ones up on the Canadian site. Looks like the new "sprint" isn't up there yet (at least not pictures).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Allez Sprint to be 1x only?

There's no braze on for the front derailleur, and with that hydroformed seat tube it looks unlikely you'd get a clamp around it. Seems there's only cable stops for the rear derailleur too.

A photo posted by Cynergy Cycles (@cynergycycles) on

Polished frameset is nice, although I preferred the one with black lettering/fork. That red/orange is a bit much for me...

TRi-Kev-83
    Oct 2013
    Yeah, I just now noticed the 1x crank setup. Well, I guess since they call it a crit bike, then I can see why you'd never need to use small chainring. The Allez frameset's for the non sprint frame look quite different compared to this one. I remember when I last spoke to specialized rep, he said they are coming out with an SL model. Which I do see on the website. I'd be curious if they'd sell the frameset to where we could mount a front derailleur on. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2015
    The satin (matte) charcoal Allez, can this color not be ordered in the U.S.? I see there's a satin black for 2016, but it's only on Canada's site

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjohn123 View Post
    The satin (matte) charcoal Allez, can this color not be ordered in the U.S.? I see there's a satin black for 2016, but it's only on Canada's site
    Local dealers can not get bikes or frames (colors) from other markets. I had this issue when I bought my 2014 venge elite 105, which came in the omega pharma quickstep colors up in canada. I ended up driving about 4-5 hours to the closest dealer near Montreal to get it.

This year the Canadian venge elite (with 105) comes in the Sagan frame. I'm not sure why they keep these different options out of the US market.

That said, the US website still doesn't have anything up for the Allez or anything besides the venge vias and stumpjumper fsr, so it might be a color that will be available here. Just have to keep checking the US site until they update it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    1x would be a show stopper for me.... yes for crits maybe not needed, but for my use it would also become the foul weather bike and general road racer if the climbs don't warrant the lightweight bike. Sounds like I will go forward with my normal allez race project.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast