Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glory Cycles Sux again...

16K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Sebastionmerckx 
#1 ·
They are famous for selling (or trying to) stuff they don't have in stock. Not to mention charging you before they even know if they can get it.. This has happened more then once to me with them..

They had a nice discount on their FB page so I gave them another shot. Dumb move on my part. This time they send me a pair of socks instead of the Fizik post I ordered. Then tell me they won't send my order till they get their 5 dollar socks back first.. Scary how bad their CS is.. NEVER NEVER NEVER again..

I hope one of their employees are on here. You guys suck

#3 ·
Cpk said:
Burnt once shame on them, burned twice shame on you

sorry to put it that way but if you already had issues with them then why would you go back there prices certianly aren't that great
They have the lowest price anywhere on the Fizik seat post. Add a 10% discount, do the math.. But I hear ya.. That was the last time...

#9 ·
Sebastionmerckx said:
Ask for email conformation when it's in stock....I do this a lot and everything I ask for is in stock within a week.You just have to jump quick when it does.
hmmm, they had 2 in stock when I posted the link...maybe someone beat him to the punch?

I second the notification, everytime I use the feature; the items appear in 1 to 1.5 weeks. But you must be quick. I used it for my new San Marco saddle...they only brought 3 into stock, though. I got the last one.:D

#10 ·
I am the owner of Glory Cycles and would like to apologize to you ComesAtime

I understand how a mistake like this can be very frustrating, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We mixed your parcel with another on the shipping table. We did have the seat post in stock but still the error was entirely ours.

We moved our web operation to SC last year to near a vendor with over $5m in relevant inventory so ever thing you see on our site has been carefully thought out and is deliverable in a reasonable time frame.

Like yourself we are committed and diligent people who try our best to deliver quality in everything we do, Blog Reviews , Facebook , Price Garantee , Our 5 promises to you I am sure we would have a lot in common if we got to talk about this out on a ride.

Please accept my apologies for our mistake.

#11 ·
CliveDS said:
I am the owner of Glory Cycles and would like to apologize to you ComesAtime

I understand how a mistake like this can be very frustrating, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We mixed your parcel with another on the shipping table. We did have the seat post in stock but still the error was entirely ours.

We moved our web operation to SC last year to near a vendor with over $5m in relevant inventory so ever thing you see on our site has been carefully thought out and is deliverable in a reasonable time frame.

Like yourself we are committed and diligent people who try our best to deliver quality in everything we do, Blog Reviews , Facebook , Price Garantee , Our 5 promises to you I am sure we would have a lot in common if we got to talk about this out on a ride.

Please accept my apologies for our mistake.
Instead of doing the right thing (admitting they sell stuff they don't have), they sent a refund. Get rid of the crazy pissed off custom you screwed.. I'm sure your mail order business will do as well as your brick and morter.. Worst shop in the USA.. Well done clive

#13 ·
Been there, But here's how you make people happy

When my daughter was 12 she bought her Bat Mitzvah dress at Saks.
This being a young womans most important dress next to her 1st prom and wedding dresses.
Well the dress arrived a bout 2 weeks before and she was mortified when the carton contained the wrong dress. We called the store and they jumped on it and like Glory discovered the shipping error. We received a dress meant o go to Wisconsin and vice a versa.
Saks had us use their Fedex account to return ship the dress to the other young woman and them to us.
That would have been enough right?
Nope.
Saks gave us a courtesy discount of 25% on this order.

Did they do the right thing?
Absolutely. When things go wrong and I ship all day at work the faster you respond and resolve the better it is.
Not always can I make a person happy, but you have to try.
Poor communication is poor business.

As I say..
"WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO HARD TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY?"

#14 ·
I gotta agree with CLTracer on this one.
Clive gave the OP a PUBLIC apology and tried to make the order right. Shipping errors happen and communication errors happen.
No one ever gives kudos for an order that was fulfilled and sent out in a timely fashion, they only b*tch when something goes awry.
And there are certain folks in this thread that should be ignored, as they have a permanent hard-on for Glory anyway!

#16 ·
backinthesaddle said:
I gotta agree with CLTracer on this one.
Clive gave the OP a PUBLIC apology and tried to make the order right. Shipping errors happen and communication errors happen.
No one ever gives kudos for an order that was fulfilled and sent out in a timely fashion, they only b*tch when something goes awry.
And there are certain folks in this thread that should be ignored, as they have a permanent hard-on for Glory anyway!
Negative reviews are more likely to come up than positive ones, but resellers can still earn and keep a good reputation. The Hot Deals thread section is full of threads asking about people's experience and the reliability of certain online merchants. Positive reviews do come out (PBK being a good example)

Edit: I just wanted to add this link for post only 9 hours old of someone who wanted to share their positive experience with Totalcycling.com (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=210351)

What you call a shipping error is their mistake. They made a public apology because there was a public criticism. They did the bare minimum to settle the matter by refunding (I mean they couldn't keep the $90 which was for a seatpost and just give him a pair of socks could they?) I have no problem with places that do the bare minimum; they don't steal from or hurt anyone. But why give your business to a place that does the bare minimum when there are so many other places to shop that will give you better service? (TeamCholent's story was a good example) Customers will go out of their way to give their money to businesses that go out of their way to keep their customers happy.

#17 ·
mike2g said:
Negative reviews are more likely to come up than positive ones, but resellers can still earn and keep a good reputation. The Hot Deals thread section is full of threads asking about people's experience and the reliability of certain online merchants. Positive reviews do come out (PBK being a good example)

Edit: I just wanted to add this link for post only 9 hours old of someone who wanted to share their positive experience with Totalcycling.com (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=210351)

What you call a shipping error is their mistake. They made a public apology because there was a public criticism. They did the bare minimum to settle the matter by refunding (I mean they couldn't keep the $90 which was for a seatpost and just give him a pair of socks could they?) I have no problem with places that do the bare minimum; they don't steal from or hurt anyone. But why give your business to a place that does the bare minimum when there are so many other places to shop that will give you better service? (TeamCholent's story was a good example) Customers will go out of their way to give their money to businesses that go out of their way to keep their customers happy.
I would like to point our one more item here. GC's lofty 5 promises, please note the bolded section:

1. We stand by our Super Easy Return Policy. If something is not perfect, let us make it perfect.

2. Warranties are welcomed. We stand behind our products and our customers.

3. We live by our "Best Price Guarantee".

4. We are Shipping Experts. When dealing with us, know this: we know bikes, we know shipping. We are meticulous with every single box that leaves the warehouse doors. See our shipping policies

5. We are your information resource. Real pictures, real rides, and real reviews. We test, train, analyze, go fast, go slow, ride hard, stop for coffee, gaze at and admire the “goods” we offer to you, our customer. We post our findings daily on, Twitter, Youtube and Facebook. No nonsense chattering, just the info a cyclist wants.

lol.

#18 ·
I checked out GC after reading this topic and ended up ordering some stuff ( I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity, lol). About a day later, they emailed me to let me know that one item was out of stock. They offered to replace it with a more expensive item at no cost. I sent an email saying that this was fine and received a shipping confirmation about an hour later. Everything got here (OKC) two days later. FWIW I was pretty impressed.

#19 ·
I've dealt with GC a few times. Clive is a stand up businessman. He came on, admitted their mistake, and tried to make it right. I have no problem buying from them.

#20 ·
Dewk6600 said:
I checked out GC after reading this topic and ended up ordering some stuff ( I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity, lol). About a day later, they emailed me to let me know that one item was out of stock. They offered to replace it with a more expensive item at no cost. I sent an email saying that this was fine and received a shipping confirmation about an hour later. Everything got here (OKC) two days later. FWIW I was pretty impressed.
You have two posts since joining in February and one of those just happens to be a positive review of a company that has a thread about it's services being suspect.....:rolleyes:

#21 ·
As much as I dislike what you are implying, I understand what you are saying. Either way, I just wanted to voice my opinion since my visit to GC was spurred on by this thread. Hopefully I can post more soon so I won't be recognized as the glory cycles pawn that I am : )

Tyler

#22 ·

#24 ·
yeah, clive is a real stand up dude.

Like how he posted a featured "member review" here on rbr, including the price "paid" for the bike(as if he was a purchasing consumer).

It was an almost exact cut & paste from the glory cycles blog on the same bike, which was actually a loaner (that he never bought or had any intention of buying) & no disclosure that he was a shop owner & dealer, stay pretend-y classy GC..

#25 ·
JohnHenry said:
Like how he posted a featured "member review" here on rbr, including the price "paid" for the bike(as if he was a purchasing consumer).

It was an almost exact cut & paste from the glory cycles blog on the same bike, which was actually a loaner (that he never bought or had any intention of buying) & no disclosure that he was a shop owner & dealer, stay pretend-y classy GC..
Didn't he or someone from his company create profiles simply to comment on a thread about a lady who bought a saddle from them and was complaining about it? Also,didn't they do the same thing on one of your threads?

#26 ·
They are available via gchat and the times when something I wanted was in question a quick question of stock status was answered very quickly. I do NOT like the minimum order of $19 though, might seem trite but they have some shoe covers that I need but don't currently have any other ordering needs. They have lost a sale to PBK for this minimum order amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.