Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Zabriskie's custom titanium snowbike...

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  c_rex 
#1 ·
He's got one of the sweetest fatbikes I've ever seen.

Belt drive, extra lightweight rims, hydros... and (just started making them) carbon fork.

See less See more
#4 ·
Not sure his new home in Westlake Village has much snow ... but a cool bike nonetheless.

#7 ·
Anchorage's Speedway Cycles' Fatbacks are starting to break into the big time! Between the Fatback and Chain Reaction's (another Anchorage shop) 9:Zero:7s, most of the locals are starting to offload their Pugsleys. I was at Chain Reaction the other day and they had an aluminum 9:Zero:7 with drop bars and SRAM Apex and I almost dropped the money. I'm not sure how chugging down the road at 10-14MPH on a drop-bar snowbike would look, though. Then again, when it's single digits out I don't like going all that fast anyway.

Snow bikes are lots of fun and sure beat the trainer during the winter. I know guys that ride them year-round.

#8 ·
Sweet Machine!

Z's ride is one sweet machine. I just got the same type Ritchey WCS stem and seat post for my roadie. I suppose Z got it for training on snowy days is Utah. Still, I bet it would seem pretty to most of us roadie weight weenies. My theory is that everyone is a weight weenie a greater or lesser degree. Thanks for posting it and brightening my morning.

#9 ·
Nice BMW with the Thule rack in the background too.

:)

#10 ·
I really want a curvy Ti bike like that....wow
awesome :thumbsup:
The 3 in the background is cool too.

#12 ·
kbiker3111 said:
I think its a 1
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 1. The 1 doesn't have the side marker light on the front fender like the 3. The 1 has a more "surprised" look to the front fascia and the roof line of the 1 is more squared off than the 3.

Other than that, I could be wrong! :D

#13 ·
BunnV said:
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 1. The 1 doesn't have the side marker light on the front fender like the 3. The 1 has a more "surprised" look to the front fascia and the roof line of the 1 is more squared off than the 3.

Other than that, I could be wrong! :D
It's a 3. I have a 1 and that is not a 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.