Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Felt TK3/KHS flite 100 or other?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  waldo425 
#1 ·
yes yes, another first track bike post...

I'm looking for a track bike to use on the velodrome + some alley cats/street sprints... but not so much as an urban fixie.... I would also use it for some training road rides...

I saw a Felt TK3 the other day in a shop and was immediately taken by it's drop dead sexy-ness... I've been looking at other bikes, and have come across a few options.

1) Felt TK3 for $999 cdn.
2) old stock KHS Flite 100 $499
3) Raleigh Rush Hour for $699

the felt is aluminum and sexy as hell.... the only thing that I have any reservation about is the amount of toe overlap.

The other two are steel and seem to have a bit more relaxed geometry.

anyone have any opinions or thoughts on these bikes, or able to suggest something else?

I would like to stick to $1000 budget. and given the KHS is half the price of the felt, I could likely put some money into a nicer saddle or even wheels....

thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I would spend the money and get the TK3. Of your options that is the one that I hear the most about being a good bike. If you're just getting into track racing you don't need anything else at all so upgrade it later.

What kind of races will you be doing and what do you want to get out of it while training on the road?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.