Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Video of Froome from this years vuelta - post stage bike coasting strangely

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Wookiebiker 
#1 ·
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this video has been making rounds on the interwebz and I wanted to kick it around here to see what you guys think.

Video is of Froome coasting away after a stage end and what the interwebz are buzzing about is:
1. Inconsistent speed as he pulls through the crowd.
2. Lack of pedaling and strange foot placement relative to the BB as the bike seemingly catches a burst of wind and takes off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovFPQ75vbIc

#2 ·
I think the video may have been doctored. I am not going to analyze and debate the whole video, but notice how the camera pans back while Froome is being pushed after changing bikes giving the illusion he is going faster than he really is.

I think it is odd people want to question Wout cheating because he is now riding for SKY.

I think it is odd people accuse or insinuate a rider is doping because they don't like him or his team while they rout for another rider who has already been caught and punished for doping.

I think "innocent until proven guilty".

I think it is odd a person with 2400 posts would post this BS in the first place.

#3 ·
I think it is odd a person with 2400 posts would post this BS in the first place.
This is the doping forum is it not? I figured you guys would have a field day with this.

Have a pleasant day.

#5 ·
oh crap. I viewed this at work with the volume off. If voice was a dead giveaway that this was fake, then I would not and did not hear it.
Sorry guys.

#6 ·
I also want to apologize to you for sounding so critical in my earlier post. I think most of us want a clean sport and hope all cheaters get exposed sooner rather that latter while there are a few that always want to hate regardless. I was under the impression you were one of the few. You are not.

#7 ·
no hard feelings.

/END OF THREAD/

#9 ·
It's hard to trust the sport since doping has been happening since the beginning of time. There is always somebody wanting to get the edge over their opponent, or are feeling the pressure to perform.

After Armstrong, I have the pessimistic outlook that if it seems to good to be true, then it probably isn't.

Don't feel bad 9w9w, there are a lot of stories going around about mechanical doping. No doubt it is happening the the pro peloton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.