Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Allen Riders?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sdwalker67 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry to blast this to this forum but I'm looking for a rider or small group in the Allen (north DFW) area to ride/train with.

I probably average about 20 mph (sans stop lights and signs) and usually ride 3 times a week for an hour with longer 1.5 to 2 hour rides on the weekends. Mostly looking for fellow riders for the longer rides or to turn the daily 1 hour rides into 2 hours and the weekend rides into 4 hours.

I'm not a big fan of driving a car to the middle of Plano to ride with PBA (although they're great) and would prefer to meet someone (some peeps?) in the Allen area to ride with. Perhaps ride down to PBA meeting area, ride with them (back through Allen), and then ride back? Now we're talking. :D

If interested, reply or PM me.

Cheerios!

#5 ·
There's lots of good group rides in the area including RBM, Bicycles Plus (Wednesday night), PBA, and Cadence. I ride up to McKinney all the time taking Orr road up to the McKinney airport.

There are some great routes in our area and I've used the Strava heat map to find where most of the riders ride.
Strava Global Heatmap

I'd be willing to ride up to McKinney for the Cadence Saturday Morning ride and then back down. They usually go out for about 30ish miles so in total it would be around 50 to 60 miles round trip for us.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

#8 ·
I'd be interested in joining the Tuesday night ride. I think Lifetime has a Wednesday night ride as well.

Let me know if you get any more details about the Tuesday ride.

BTW, anyone interested in an Allen group on Strava so that we could organize weekly rides for people in the Allen area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.