RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

BP MS-150 Transportation

I was wondering if anyone has used the bus system from Austin back to Houston? If so I would like to hear the positives/negatives about your experience. I would like to try this option this year but am mainly worried about my bike getting damaged on the way back to Houston.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    i have used the bus/bike shuttle from austin to waller the last three years. no issues to report. will be doing the same this year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's been a few years since we've done the Houston MS ride (we do the San Antonio ride now) but it was always very well organized. They've been doing it long enough to work out most of the bugs. I've never experienced any sort of damage on the return trip. The bikes were well protected with blankets.

We stopped doing the Houston ride just because it got so big. We prefer the smaller SA MS because it's just a couple of thousand people instead of the 12-13,000.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for the information.

Tig
    Clear Lake, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
    It's been a few years since we've done the Houston MS ride (we do the San Antonio ride now) but it was always very well organized. They've been doing it long enough to work out most of the bugs. I've never experienced any sort of damage on the return trip. The bikes were well protected with blankets.

We stopped doing the Houston ride just because it got so big. We prefer the smaller SA MS because it's just a couple of thousand people instead of the 12-13,000.
    ^This exactly on the bus and bike transport.
    The buses have comfy seats. Just try to avoid the last row next to the restroom.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
    -Isaac Asimov