RoadBikeReview Member

Frisco to Fort Worth

Has anybody ridden this one. It's 2 days. Do you have to have or be on a fund-raising team or can you just ride it? Is it a good ride?
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"She loves to limbo. That much is clear. She's got the right dynamic for the New Frontier"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    It's a pretty nice ride. Day 1 is longer and flatter while day 2 is a little shorter with some rolling hills. Very well-supported and Saturday evening at the Texas Motor Speedway can be fun with food and beer everywhere.

You can certainly go rogue, but it's nice to join a team for the extra perks like catered tents on Saturday and arranged transport of bags, etc. Also, teams are started by size, so if you join a large team, you leave early and don't have log jams and crowded sag stops. PM if you need some team suggestions. I've been a part of several with good folks.

Have good, get give
    May 2005
    The Houston one is obviously the crown jewel of all those disease rides, but it's gotten insane big.

And sort of like Houston the first day isn't much to look at scene wise, but day 2 is nice.

I'm considering doing this ride and then driving home and using a limo to get back sunday morning.
    babyarm

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    I've ridden from the Stars Center in Frisco to my house.....not with the MS 150 ride though..
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

hit it
    I did it last year, but it was more like the "MS80". Day 2 was cancelled due to rain.

Day 1 was a decent ride. My wife & I are signed up again this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NUTT
    I did it last year, but it was more like the "MS80". Day 2 was cancelled due to rain...........
    2009 was a tough year for Texas MS rides. The Houston-Austin ride was washed out for day 1 and the San Antonio ride was washed out day 2.

The Amarillo ride had perfect weather. Day 1 is a tailwind for 100 miles, and the course has 1,000 foot net drop is elevation. It's a fast century!