banned
    Dec 2011

Lightbulb full time dads club

How about a full time dads aka "Stay at home dads" club.

I am a cycling enthusiast and stay-home-dad with 1 kid, looking for other dads in Dallas-to-Sulphur springs area, to ride bikes with, either mtn bikes or trailer-bikes with the kids. I'm honestly kind of bored because I don't get a lot of time to myself and it's awkward trying to socialize with the moms. I have a very active 1yo and need to get her out of the house to keep her happy.

Who needs a map?
    I'm not a stay at home dad, but I might be one day. Baby is on the way, so it will be awhile before the little critter is old enough to be in a bike trailer.
    "If we're to be honest with ourselves, achieving the end of the exercise was never the point of the exercise, was it?"
    ~Adam Savage

banned
    Dec 2011
    Cool. Our girl started riding at 6 months, in a modified fabric trailer. It worked great. I can share plans. It had the original seat pulled out for later, and used a board fastened to the bottom of the trailer, with a used car-seat (Graco works great) fastened to the board. It had just enough movement to absorb shock, but she didn't bounce a lot. She is 14mos now and still loves it (has regular seat now). She will try to climb into the trailer when it is hitched.

I can help you find a trailer to buy or help you modify one. The trailers are also good for shopping with the seat uninstalled.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by camping biker View Post
    How about a full time dads aka "Stay at home dads" club.

I am a cycling enthusiast and stay-home-dad with 1 kid, looking for other dads in Dallas-to-Sulphur springs area, to ride bikes with, either mtn bikes or trailer-bikes with the kids. I'm honestly kind of bored because I don't get a lot of time to myself and it's awkward trying to socialize with the moms. I have a very active 1yo and need to get her out of the house to keep her happy.
    not a lot of hot moms huh??!!

banned
    Dec 2011
    Are you making fun of me. Oh well. I just figured there's probably other people in a similar situation (lost a job or wife has the better career) that bike around the lakes or parks with their kids, and bored all their friends are faster since they don't have to pull trailers and stop to let them play etc.

There are plenty of "hot moms" but they are married, and I'm married, so that's a recipe for trouble, and not what the thread was about anyway. I have some female friends who have kids, but they don't give a care about bikes.

Look, I lost my job, I'm home with a kid, laugh at me if you want, but it's not so bad, just sometimes I get bored. I take my daughter to parks, friends' houses, aunt's, grandma's , the learning center (like a big play zone indoors, toy trains, trees, play houses and all that). I had a couple friends who biked with me and my daughter sometimes, but they rather go faster and not have to wait on me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't think anyone was making fun of you or laughing at you. Just keeping things light was my take.