RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011

Sugar Cycles Weekly ride

Hi,
    does anyone on here do the Sugar Cycles Weekly ride on Saturdays or Wednesday? Im new to the area and looking for some group rides. I was just wondering if i could get more info on speeds and distance if anyone here does that ride also. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I have not ridden with them, but I have bought four bikes from them over the past two years. The owner's name is Kyle Davenport, real nice guy. I am thinking about riding with them next weekend.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    These guys ride pretty fast since most of 'em are deeply involved in the Houston racing scene. Great group of guys. Haven't ridden with them for awhile but one of my buddies join them on Saturdays and mentioned that they go anywhere between 25 to 30++mph.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    That's pretty fast. I wonder how fast the "B" group rides?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelop2c View Post
    Im new to the area and looking for some group rides.
    What part of Houston do you live?

There are a bunch of weekly rides

We do the Zube park Saturday ride often.

Our Saturday Morning Rides: 25 years and still going strong!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
    What part of Houston do you live?

There are a bunch of weekly rides

We do the Zube park Saturday ride often.

Our Saturday Morning Rides: 25 years and still going strong!
    Hi Kitty, I'm down here in Katy and you have the club I may be looking for. I've been riding myself for 6 years now and I'm looking for some older people to ride with. I checked your web site and I seen some older people, that I think I would like to ride with. Do you ride most Saturdays? I hope this weather breaks pretty soon, so I can ride a little more than I have been. Do you have any people that ride during the week, as I'm retired. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    Hi Kitty, I'm down here in Katy and you have the club I may be looking for.
    While the wife and I typically head over to the Northwest ride on Saturdays, you might also want to consider the Bike Barn katy ride (Saturday 8:00 from Bike Barn parking lot).

Do you have any people that ride during the week, as I'm retired. Thanks.
    Not sure who to contact, but there is a group of older/retired folks that typically rides in the Katy/Brookshire area each Wednesday morning as well as the MWF bike club (all ages) that have group rides in Northwest Houston starting from a school in Cypress/Fairbanks subdivision off 290, every Monday-Wednesday-Friday morning
    There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    While the wife and I typically head over to the Northwest ride on Saturdays, you might also want to consider the Bike Barn katy ride (Saturday 8:00 from Bike Barn parking lot).

Not sure who to contact, but there is a group of older/retired folks that typically rides in the Katy/Brookshire area each Wednesday morning as well as the MWF bike club (all ages) that have group rides in Northwest Houston starting from a school in Cypress/Fairbanks subdivision off 290, every Monday-Wednesday-Friday morning
    Thanks, I know about the Bike Barn rides and the Wed rides, but I was looking for some new places to ride. I was thinking about going up to Zube park tomorrow, but I have something going on. I'm hoping for next weekend. Thanks for the reply.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

Sugar Cycles Weekly ride

I was thinking about going up to Zube park tomorrow, but I have something going on. I'm hoping for next weekend. Thanks for the reply.
    George,
    Did you ever make it to Zube Park? If so, how was it?

Anyone else ridden with Sugar Cycles?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    George,
    Did you ever make it to Zube Park? If so, how was it?

Anyone else ridden with Sugar Cycles?
    Yes I did and I didn't like it very well. Most of my riding is in Fulshire, but if chappel Hill were closer I would probably ride there more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

Sugar Cycles Weekly ride

George, I know this post is almost a year old now, but did you give that Zube Park group ride a second chance? Why did you not like the ride?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    George, I know this post is almost a year old now, but did you give that Zube Park group ride a second chance? Why did you not like the ride?
    Yes I did, lol and I joined there club. I've been going up there on Saturdays and I ride around here, meaning Fulshear, the rest of the week. I haven't been up there in a few weeks now, because on the weather, but they get a pretty good crowd of riders. For the most part, it's a pretty friendly group of riders. They have different groups that ride in and how fast you want to ride. I usually go with the 14 mph to 16, but they usually go 17 to 20. I'm hoping to get up there Saturday.