RoadBikeReview Member

considering VXR proteam, few questions

Ive been searching for a new bicycle for some time now and the Time framesets have alwase interested me. Im considering a VXR, i believe it was the last top of the line model to have an adjustable seat post? the VXRS has an ISP and that seems to be the trend with the modern top of the line Time's and Look's these days. one of my questions is im a 45s in colnago, what size framest should i look for in the VXR? i am unable to find a geometry chart, maybe someone has one saved to their comp that can post it. another thing is; im mainly a climber, when i go riding its directly into the mountains. i never really ride the flats unless im using them to travel to a different part of town to climb a different mountain. those of you guys who have the VXR, how good of a climbing frameset is it? i have read a few reviews but none come of sincere, so im looking for your opinions. thanks ahead of time

Cpark
    Quote Originally Posted by aluminum View Post
    Ive been searching for a new bicycle for some time now and the Time framesets have alwase interested me. Im considering a VXR, i believe it was the last top of the line model to have an adjustable seat post? the VXRS has an ISP and that seems to be the trend with the modern top of the line Time's and Look's these days. one of my questions is im a 45s in colnago, what size framest should i look for in the VXR? i am unable to find a geometry chart, maybe someone has one saved to their comp that can post it. another thing is; im mainly a climber, when i go riding its directly into the mountains. i never really ride the flats unless im using them to travel to a different part of town to climb a different mountain. those of you guys who have the VXR, how good of a climbing frameset is it? i have read a few reviews but none come of sincere, so im looking for your opinions. thanks ahead of time
    It's a damn good bike. I sold mine and I wish I kept the bike....
    Its top tube runs slightly long compare to the other bikes in equivalent size.

Time VXR Proteam Frameset - World Class Bicycle Shop

RoadBikeReview Member
    cpark

thanks for the link, your a life saver! it looks like they have all the sizes in stock too (im hoping its not an error!) i was dreading having to look for a used VXR but it seems my hopes of buying a brand new one may come true! once again thanks

edit; bad news they dont have any sizes left in stock
    Last edited by aluminum; 08-07-2011 at 08:52 AM.

petite franšaise
    Mar 2010
    The VXR is an awesome frame and aside from the VXRS Ulteam (which had an integrated seatmast) it was the top of the line 4 years ago.
    I've one and I also ride a RX Instinct from time to time and I really like how this one climbs as well for a more "Roubaix" type bike.
    You should check out the NXR (even though it has an integrated seatmast, you can cut it and use the seatpost from the RX) which is a great climber and sprinter.

Cpark
    Good point.
    If you don't mind the ISP, Colorado Cyclist has the NXR on sale for less than $3000.

RoadBikeReview Member
    the nxr is a notch under the rxrs? and the rx instinct is the entry level bike, is that correct?

petite franšaise
    Mar 2010
    The RXRS is the pure race machine while the NXR is a great bike for racing, it's more comfortable. The Master team we sponsor in SoCal uses the NXR for racing.
    The 2 development teams we sponsors use the RX - in pricing it's the entry level but it's a great all-around bike as it has more vectran than the 2 others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

time headset

[QUOTE=Timegal;3507387]The RXRS is the pure race machine while the NXR is a great bike for racing, it's more comfortable. The Master team we sponsor in SoCal uses the NXR for racing.\

I heard headsets are proprietary; is this true? (hard to source, non-standard) I/bike shop needs special tool?

petite franšaise
    Mar 2010
    Time has a patent on their headset and they come already pre-installed. When you buy a frameset or module (depending which model it is), there is 2 little pins that come with it to tighten or loosen the headset.
    Bearings and all spare parts can be ordered by your LBS to the distributor

RoadBikeReview Member
    timegal,

can i ask you why companies like time and look hate the color blue? apart from the 2010 rx, time doesnt really use the color blue in any frames? ive also noticed the same trend with look. i think more people would like to see the color blue used, as opposed to the usual white,black,red

petite franšaise
    Mar 2010
    timegal,

can i ask you why companies like time and look hate the color blue? apart from the 2010 rx, time doesnt really use the color blue in any frames? ive also noticed the same trend with look. i think more people would like to see the color blue used, as opposed to the usual white,black,red
    Time colors have always been red and white, we also put a clear coat on the carbon so you can see our weaves. In the last 2 years, Time has started to introduce blue and green as well

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

vxr sizing

I am 5'11, inseam 34". would I fit 55 or 57cm best? generally speaking. I fit on 56cm top tube.

Cpark
    Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    I am 5'11, inseam 34". would I fit 55 or 57cm best? generally speaking. I fit on 56cm top tube.
    The M frame has the top tube length of 56.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails considering VXR proteam, few questions-time_geo_vxrs_08_f.gif  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Time NXR

About to do a build on the Time NXR instinct but no seat post clamp/collar any ideas best to get one