RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

Time NXR Instinct Build Question

Trying to wrap up the build of a 2010 Time NXR Instinct frame with a Campy SR 11 group. Looking for input from anyone who has built up a NXR. I installed the Campy supplied derailleur cable guide to the underside of the bottom bracket as Time did not supply a guide with the frame. The Campy guide's radius combined with where the mounting hole is drilled on the Time frame result in the cables touching the bottom bracket. I can attempt to use the plastic sleeve supplied but am wondering if continued use will wear the plastic sleeve. Also the derailleur cables come within a mm or two of contacting the down tube about half way down. I can use some rubber donuts but again am surprised the clearance is so tight. Not really a question anyone can answer unless they have built this frame. Thanks in advance for input.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Did your bike come in the black TIME box?

Time supplies a cable guide with all of their frames except the Cross model. They put the cable guide on the frame before putting it in the box, but they have a tendency to pop off when removing it from the TIME inner box.

If you did get it delivered in the black Time box, look inside the lower base part of that box, it may be in there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    Wow, you nailed it!!! Looked underneath the tray in the black box and found it. Thanks a ton. Great call.