RoadBikeReview Member

Lemond Sarthe Help Needed!!

I know, I know. Lemond has been discontinued. Still I've been looking for one of these since 2007. I like the color scheme for that year and they seem to be hard to come by. Sure it's a steel frame, but that adds to my desire to own one. My carbon and aluminum frame bikes are great but having a reasonably-priced steel frame road bike is what I really want. Could someone help? By the way, 60 cm is my frame size of preference and any year would desireable at this point (eventhough I still prefer the '07)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Patrol the craigslist in Madison, WI. I have seen a few of these around town along with a lot of the other Lemonds (alp'd huez, mallot jaune and buenos aires especially), often being used as commuters even. My wife rides a Mallot Jaune which she loves, we got a killer deal on it last year as it was a 07 NOS frame the shop built up with a 10 speed ultegra build kit mostly, everything new for $900. I think they had 6-10 of them that they built up and sold initially. Anyway, I see lemonds on there all the time, check it out.

And you probably already know this but Lemonds tend to have long top tubes for their size(usually seat tub +1-2 cm). Great if you are super flexible or have a long torso compared to your height. My wife and a friend of mine both found Lemonds to be a perfect fit off the shelf for this reason.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    There are like five lemonds on there right now...no Sarthes currently but I'd keep checking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks I'll just keep looking.