Need quick answer Madone 6.2 2012 vs Domaine 6.2 2013

Bottom line
    Domaine 6.2 2013 is $ 4400
    Madone 6.2 2012 is $ 3400

Need to get back to LD asap

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011

Need quick answer Madone 6.2 2012 vs Domaine 6.2 2013

Pick the one that,feels the best or speaks to you. I love my Domane 6 series one of my friends got a Madone 5 about the same time and he loves his both are great just different.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Pick the one that,feels the best or speaks to you. I love my Domane 6 series one of my friends got a Madone 5 about the same time and he loves his both are great just different.
    Yes, do this. I also picked the Domane. But the Madone is a superb bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Obviously ne is more relaxed and more comfortable and one is more race oriented - which do you want more out of your bike, how do you intend to use it?
    Trek Domane 5.2
    Cannondale Synapse 3 Ultegra Disc
    Fuji Cross Comp
    Trek Dual Sport 8.4 (sold)
    1969 Camaro Pace car - numbers matching frame off resto
    1969 Camaro Coupe

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I just got my 2013 6.2 and have put 100 miles on it the last 4 days. I have zero complaints. It is definitely comfortable to me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    • I'm new to the forum so I can't open a new thread yet, so here it goes. I'm currently in the market for an upgrade from my old steel frame Lemond. I ride 100-150 miles/wk. I am in the market to spend around $4000.

A LBS has a used (trek travel program) 2010 madone 6.9 with dura ace and bontrager xxx lite wheels. The frame has quite a few scratches, but no apparent structural damage. LBS has put on new DA cassette, chain, replaced cables, new brake pads, and tires. Price tag new was apparently $8000+, they want $4000. I'm a iffy because of the obvious wear on the bike, not sure on the mileage. The frame still comes with full trek warranty which is essential to me. Thoughts on that price?

My other option is a new bike with "lesser" components and wheels for about the same price. Most people don't seem to think dura ace is worth the $$ over ultegra. Trek has the Project one where you can build up a 6.5 with ultegra for around $4000-4500.

I'm open to other brands. Being in Wisconsin, Trek is most common and most smaller bike stores are pretty limited with in store selection.

The Focus line intrigues me, seems to be a nice priced bike with good components. Just looking for a nice ride, plan to do some centuries, but not race.

Any thoughts are appreciated!