Page 1 of 47 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Post your carbon Trek bikes here

This could be the most popular bike high end bike in the world. The 5200 and its cousins the 5500, 5900, Madones and Pilots need a place to be shown. This is the place and this is my Trek 5200. It is a 2002 US Postal Trek I bought in June 2004 for 1799.99 at a LBS in northen CA. It is sweet, I love it and have about 2500 miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-trek-5200.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

My 5900

First time to try this, let's see how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-5900.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    Here is my new Trek Madone:

Isnt she sweet? Its like that Harley commercial...this is the bike I "almost" have. According to Trek, I should have it some time before the Messiah returns. Either that or before lunch is ready, depending on who I talk to over at Trek. I think there is a shortage of seat post grease or something that according to Trek has thrown the entire bicycle industry into a spiral of chaos. Word is, they may have a human sacrifice in the streets of Waterloo to try and appease the "Bike" Gods. Either way, Im LOVING "almost" having such a sweet bike.
    Last edited by RkFast; 02-15-2005 at 06:23 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

Thumbs up Pilot 5.0

I ordered in the first week in January and I picked it up 2/4. I have only put on 100 miles but that was enough to decide it is a keeper
    Last edited by Kconradx5; 04-06-2006 at 10:23 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kconradx5
    I ordered in the first week in January and I picked it up 2/4. I have only put on 100 miles but that was enough to decide it is a keeper
    Those reflectors have got to go. Its a sin!!! ;)
    "I become a happier man each time I suffer" - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess I fall into the "Here is my New Madone" category. All I have right now is a receipt for the deposit that I made.

Hopefully May is just a conservative estimate of the real delivery

Pics will come.

banned

Two for Me...

These puppies are handing on my wall, until the weather gets better and the roads are cleaner. I am currently riding a trek 2300.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

They are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_envy
    Those reflectors have got to go. Its a sin!!! ;)
    This picture was taken the minute I got home from the Trek Store and you are right they were sinful and were removed within minutes of taking the photo. The difference between my Trek 1000 and this new Carbon Fiber Pilot is amazing.

Rollin' Stones

Old School

Pfffft. You Mamby Pambys and your 'new' carbon bikes. In my day the carbon was heavy. Like this brick. 5 more years and I'll be retro cool. Dig it suckas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Nice bikes!

wErD up~!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-dsc0028999.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

2005 Madone 5.9

stock except Michelin pro race tires and King headset
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-madone.jpg  

banned

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by mwinoski
    stock except Michelin pro race tires and King headset
    When I saw that paint scheme on the Trek website I wasn't impressed. But, it looks real nice in the photo. What wheels did your bike come with? The '04 madone 5.9 wheels are pretty week.

RoadBikeReview Member

2005 Trek Madone 5.2

Just got this one and she rides great. However, had the obligatory 1st ride flat a week ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-dsc_0260.jpg  
    Last edited by johngfoster; 02-18-2005 at 03:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrumm
    When I saw that paint scheme on the Trek website I wasn't impressed. But, it looks real nice in the photo. What wheels did your bike come with? The '04 madone 5.9 wheels are pretty week.
    Thanks, It came with Bontrager Race X Lite Aero. It also came with standard weight tubes and Bontrager Race X Lite tires. Replaced with Michelin Pro Race tires and Bontrager superlight tubes. The Wheelset I believe is the one that Postal team was using in past years.

I also have a set of 04' Mavic Ksyrium Sl that spin up real fast and are tough as nails but you really fight the bike in a crosswind.

RoadBikeReview Member

How-Come?

Quote Originally Posted by johngfoster
    Just got this one and she rides great. However, had the obligatory 1st ride flat a week ago.
    How come you got last year's Race-Lites?

Are they what come with the Ultegra 9?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Those were the wheels that came with it out of the box. The front rim was already damage in the shipping so my LBS traded it out for one from one of their floor bikes--same wheel though.

RoadBikeReview Member

05?

These puppies are handing on my wall, until the weather gets better and the roads are cleaner. I am currently riding a trek 2300.
    are you riding the 2005 2300 w/ the ultegra 10? if so, how does it ride? I've been lusting after that bike for so long, sometimes i dream about it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    This is my 2004 Madone 5.9 P1 Mountain Storm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-img_0033r.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    My 2002 5200.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-img_0034r.jpg  

banned

Pretty Close...

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_hedgehog
    are you riding the 2005 2300 w/ the ultegra 10? if so, how does it ride? I've been lusting after that bike for so long, sometimes i dream about it.

My 2300 is a 2004 frame that I had painted. While it was at paint, I upgraded the gruppo to Ultegra 10. Velomax wheels. It rides great. I prefer the Madone, but I don't mind riding the 2300 this winter. That's why I bought the 2300 in the first place, so I wouldn't trash the Madone in the New England winter.

I got a great deal on the 2300 because I picked it up at the end of 2004. I was going to grab one off ebay, but I got a new one for just a bit more. There are alot of aluminum bikes with carbon stays and forks with Ultegra parts on the market. I happen to be a lifelong Trek fan so that's why I got the 2300.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    Here she is.....my 5.2 Madone......Trek's paint job is pretty nice. A real heavy shot of clear coat makes her shine. All Ultegra 10 and the new Bonti wheelset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your carbon Trek bikes here-2-copy.gif  

RoadBikeReview Member
    How are the new Race-Lites?

Stiff?

RoadBikeReview Member
    My 2300 is a 2004 frame that I had painted.
    do you have a weight for it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004

on the fence

i'm thinking about the 5.2 as well. what do you think of the package it comes with? how are the wheels? any regrets?

banned

Weight Varies...

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_hedgehog
    do you have a weight for it?
    ...with wheel selection. The 2300 is significantly heavier than the Madone. With the everyday wheels that I have for the 2300, velomax circuit, it weighs in around 20. The Madone with velomax tempest II wheels is around 17.5 pounds.

Page 1 of 47 123 ... LastLast