Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Trek Domane

10K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Hooger 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Suspension in the top tube/seat tube/seat stay junction. I'd guess more wheelbase and slacker angles than the Madone. It's the Trek Granfondo/cobbles bike!
With a H3 head tube Trek has made a good bike.

For old geezers.
^Could have been me.

#9 ·
While I never felt all that comfortable on these century type bikes, I like that top tube idea. Of course it could suck on standing climbs, but who knows. We'll need lots of ride reports.

The price is redonkulus. Then again, so is Spec and Cannondales.

That bragging about the fork isn't much as my CAAD10 has that style rake and it's yr old.

#12 ·
I took a look at the project one site earlier. The stock colors are boring, yes worse than the madone. And this new domane is a little more expensive (`$200) than an identical 6 SSL. Wonder when this will trickle down to the 5 & below level?
it should be nice to have another option to the Defy, Roubaix style of bikes.

#14 ·
The first actual ride report I read raves about how well it works (was released in Belgium with rides on the Flanders route). Would love to see this tech in a cyclo-cross frame too.

While the team edition's $11k+ price is over the top, it's not too far out of line with other Di2, top o' the line everything bikes out there. On the Trek website they claim the P1 bikes start @ ~$4k for bikes built on the same frame.

#17 ·
The name is, besides the obvious anagram, related to words like dominate and domain.

In my opinion comfort bikes are a godsend. The head tube of this new one seems to be fixed at H2 geometry +0.5 cm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.