I play for keeps

Trek Domane Thoughts?

Good idea?
    Cheating?
    Awesome?
    Do you want one?
    Will it help Fabian?

- I -
    Having the name of a crappy electronics store painted on it doesn't help him.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodi Crescent View Post
    Having the name of a crappy electronics store painted on it doesn't help him.
    Doesn't help him in what way? Why would anyone care who the sponsor is, especially if just a simple electronics store.

Darling of The Lounge
    Domane has a good beat and easy to dance to.

And yet another flavor of Trek Kool Aid for the ignorant cycling consumer to latch on to

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Yep. More "borrowed" tech from other companies run thru the Trek Marketing Machine.
    formerly "backinthesaddle"

Strava is Latin for 'bench-racing"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    8000 dollars for a bike that handles rough roads possibly no better than my mid 80's 753 Bob Jackson a bit pricey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    As someone who keeps his bikes for a long time, I wonder about the "bearing" between the seat tube and top tube/seat stays.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    To me, it sounds like trek is trying to access a particular area of the market place. This is good for any company that desires to maintain it's market share and continue to grow.
    Specialized has the Roubaix, now trek has this in their quiver. Good for them. Perhaps this will mean more manufacturing back here at home.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I think it's a cool idea - I'd like to see it work.. Surely better than Spesh's zerts. If it works, we'll see it everywhere in 2-5 years..

(for the record, I own an SL3 tarmac)
    Last edited by ClancyO; 04-01-2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: to clarrify my spesh fanboy status

I'm interesting.
    Curious to see how the bearing system works exactly.

Wonder if Volagi will file a suit?
    "This thread gives me hope that the human race will render itself extinct in my lifetime...." PlatyPius
    "You're not a real cyclist unless you spend money needlessly....." ZoSoSwiM
    "Power is power and it has to be paid for." Alex_Simmons/RST

RoadBikeReview Member
    MaDone... DaMone. They swapped the M and D, and pronounce it da-mon-ee. Kinda cool.

So, it's a suspension frame. I suspect we'll see it on more of their downstream line - not for racing the cobbles, but coddling the non-racers.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    To me, it sounds like trek is trying to access a particular area of the market place. This is good for any company that desires to maintain it's market share and continue to grow.
    Specialized has the Roubaix, now trek has this in their quiver. Good for them. Perhaps this will mean more manufacturing back here at home.
    Agreed

RoadBikeReview Member
    Awesome and I want one.

I don't understand the negative comments toward Trek. Picking a bike is mostly fit and feel. If one feels best on a Trek...so be it.

Ever ridden a Madone? Before I bought my last 6.2 Madone I rode a Speclalized, 2 Bianchis, a Felt, a Cervelo, and a Cannondale. All considered similar to the 6.2 Madone. I thought my Madone felt the best of all, hands down. I really wanted to help out my local LBS and buy Bianchi but there was no comparison.

If you don't like Trek, ok, many do. You don't have to like Trek just as I don't have to feel comfortable on your favorite bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Cancellera has said he will also use it in the Tour de France. Apparently was his desire to do so and not just because Trek is pushing him to do so.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    I think its a good idea; added compliance is always a plus. Cancellara looks good and the ad is somewhat inspiring. I'm pretty much not interested in anything made of CF..but for those who are, it may be of interest.

On rewatching the ad, I couldn't help but notice how rather small and ugly the bike looks next to Fabian. I mean, he looks good, but the way the pros are fitted nowadays...their bikes always look ridiculously small. But thats another point altogether.

waterproof*
    "Domane" makes me think of "Ptomaine".

That is all.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Born to chase Ducks
    Does Mike Damone make good bikes?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333249768.128361.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  20.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I cannot decide whether the seafoam green Lounge kit is cursed or a suit of armor that protects us...like a lycra St. Christopher's medal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    personally i like the specialized ad much better.......

Paris-Roubaix Recon 2010 Saxo Bank Cancellara [Specialized] - YouTube

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I can clearly understand the passion in supporting your favorite brand, but passion in slamming another? Kind of weird. To each, thier own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcz5853 View Post
    I can clearly understand the passion in supporting your favorite brand, but passion in slamming another? Kind of weird. To each, thier own.
    I can understand even having a passion for dislike (I have one for specialized). The part I don't get it the need to post crap on a forum. If you don't like them fine. It doesn't mean you have to post negative about a topic someone is trying to get some genuine feedback on. A little self control would go a long way on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8blues View Post
    8000 dollars for a bike that handles rough roads possibly no better than my mid 80's 753 Bob Jackson a bit pricey.
    Yes someone call Trek and tell them they just wasted thousands of dollars and man hours in r&d because your mid 80's bike will possibly handle like this thing. Give your head a shake

fu
    Please tell us more about it since you have apparently ridden the Domane.
    My other chainring is a 39...
    Strava profile

fu
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Yup, and Cannondale has the Synapse. I'm sure the initiative has something to do with Cancellara being on the Trek team. He needed a bike for the Classics and the Madone is not it.
    My other chainring is a 39...
    Strava profile

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Boring. Fits the rest of their lineup.

Fierce Pancake
    Doesn't look at all boring to me: the shaping of the frame and its tubes as well as the inserts shows quite a few interesting ideas, IMO. Shame that FC's injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Poast of the Day™.

RoadBikeReview Member
    How much does it weigh?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast