Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

When do 2013 models come out?

50K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  tcloncs 
#1 ·
I know we are only 1/4 of the way through 2012, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know roughly when the 2013 models will be coming out, or what month the next years models normally come out?

It's coming into Winter where I am so I am thinking that I may as well wait and get a 2013 model as I won't be riding all the match through Winter, but if they don't come out till right at the end of 2012 I may not be able to wait that long.

#4 ·
Trek doesnt participate in Interbike... they do TrekWorld in early August and announce all new models there. There is some suspicion than a new high-end Madone and Roubaix-type competitor will come out a few months sooner. Usually there are a few other models that come out sooner if their previous year models sell out early in the year.

#6 ·
more and more manufacturers are introducing new product at Sea Otter every year. SRAM did this last year, and i know one bike manufacturer in particular (not talking about TREK)that will introduce a couple of new models there this year. it's getting to be like cars, new year models are released throughout the year. at some point we'll have to skip a model year...

#15 · (Edited)
Unless you want to spend BIG BUCKS for the cutting edge (which often isn't much of an advance), you are likly to be just as happy and a lot wealthier RIDING this Summer on this year's bike or last year's. The technology "trickle down" effect happens very slowly and often it's just marketing hype.

#26 ·
Trek doesn't do Interbike (although sometimes they do the demo days)... Trek World is about a month before Interbike... and European Trek World is a couple weeks before that. Usually you can find the European models around the end of June. Unfortunately, not all of those models make it to the US.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.