RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014

12-8 lacing a 20H

Laced with Sapim Strong on hand.. note the DS's are all pullers. Used new 32 hole set on hand. Going to ride them soon.

Tensioned 25 DS and 22 av on the Park tension scale. Haven't posted in awhile.. thought Mike T might get a chuckle otta these.

12-8 lacing a 20H-img_2645.jpg12-8 lacing a 20H-ds-12-all-pulling.jpg12-8 lacing a 20H-nds-puller-more-angle.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-8 lacing a 20H-img_2644.jpg  

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
    Laced with Sapim Strong on hand..
    Friends don't let friends use Sapim Strong.

note the DS's are all pullers.
    We know that's not possible eh?

thought Mike T might get a chuckle otta these.
    Oh for sure. My chuckles have been mislabeled as head shakes combined with eye rolls.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

Everything above, up to that blue line, is IMO IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    My chuckles have been mislabeled as head shakes combined with eye rolls.
    You left out face palms.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    You left out face palms.
    Yeah for sure. And the Bart Simpson Dohhhs.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

RoadBikeReview Member
    WTF. What I noticed most is the curvature of the spokes near the crosses. Were these ever stress relieved?
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    WTF. What I noticed most is the curvature of the spokes near the crosses. Were these ever stress relieved?
    Lets just hope those pics were taken i the pre-tension stage.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Lets just hope those pics were taken i the pre-tension stage.
    You never know.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Friends don't let friends use Sapim Strong.

WHY IS THAT? That simply is nonsense.

We know that's not possible eh?

YES.. goofed there. Does happen.

Oh for sure. My chuckles have been mislabeled as head shakes combined with eye rolls.
    OLD BOY stuff. Some.. reaaly the vast majority of keyboard builders and keyboards queen never try anything different.. for the sake of exploration/learning. A two dimensional world... that is fine. 3 cross is just that...
    fine.. but any five yr old can do that in their sleep after a couple lacings.

NO... that was tensioned.. the crosses allow each partner to hold the head in place of adjoining spoke. Wheel tensioned very easily.. finished 24.5 rt and 22.5 left Park scale for 14g... or 88 left to 115 kgf rt. If one has never road crossed spokes of those angles.. how would one know their value/merits?

My 18-10 rear in the garage has easily 8000 miles on it.. Sapim Strong.. and rolling along.. probably forever. Yes today my triplets carry Sapim Lasers.. my weight now does not require the 13/14's. Yet on the heavy Sun 20H rim weight makes no difference.. as they go 560 grs.

Methinks another 'speriment with this 20H.. radial DS.. maybe 1x left. But with their hub true radial isn't possible.. slight angle pulling/pushing.. and that works.

Adios to the land of black and white!

RoadBikeReview Member
    OLD BOY stuff. Some.. reaaly the vast majority of keyboard builders and keyboards queen never try anything different.. for the sake of exploration/learning. A two dimensional world... that is fine. 3 cross is just that...
    fine.. but any five yr old can do that in their sleep after a couple lacings.
    Me thinks you are bored and need to ride your bike more. Either that or you're trolling.

NO... that was tensioned.. the crosses allow each partner to hold the head in place of adjoining spoke. Wheel tensioned very easily.. finished 24.5 rt and 22.5 left Park scale for 14g... or 88 left to 115 kgf rt. If one has never road crossed spokes of those angles.. how would one know their value/merits?
    From the pics, the most noticeable thing is the curvature of the spokes at crosses, not the angle of the spoke crosses. Unless I am missing something, proper stress relieving should get rid of this. Seriously, have you ridden on these yet? I am guessing they will go out of true on the first or second ride.

-- Warren Buffett