RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

2005 Bontrager Race Lite Aero????

Does anyone have any info or ride time on the 2005 Bontrager Race Lite Aero (not Race X Lite Aero) wheelset (weights?). They aren't on the Bontrager website and I haven't seen anyone post their impressions....They came on a 2005 Trek Madone 5.2...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

They're nice

I've got them on my 2005 Trek Madone 5.2 SL Project One. They are really nice but I noticed yesterday that it appears the spokes (black in color) are beginning to fade in spots? Not sure if it was just something that got on them from the road or what. The wheels themselves are black spokes w/ grey-silver rims (where the Bontrager name on the rim is..it's black) and black hubs. Here is a picture...sorry it's not very good. Not sure on weight...don't have a scale yet. But as far as the ride goes I love them.. they seem to handle just fine. I've had them up to 45 mph and had no issues. They corner really well and climb nicely too. I've hit some unexpected speed bumps fairly fast and they took the punishment well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005 Bontrager Race Lite Aero????-wheel.jpg  
    Last edited by Tahoma; 05-15-2005 at 09:17 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Those are the Race Lites....

not the Aero version. The aero version has a deeper rim (31mm) and wider bladed spokes with 16 spokes front and rear. The rims are the same color but the spokes on mine are silver......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2001
    Race Aeros I believe are 1710grams. But bontrager is not that great at getting the correct weight. So your are probably heavier. I had a pair when they first came out 2 years ago. They have DT Swiss hubs. They are very stiff but once up to speed they stay there.