RoadBikeReview Member

2010 Easton EA90 Aero's from Performance....bearing adjstment question

First off, I know some people hate Easton and I know my spokes may eventually start to run away

Today was my first ride. Before going out, I tightened up my skewers, loosened the bearing adjuster until I had a little play, and then slowly tightened them until there was no play. Also, my wheels came with Easton's updated adjusters you can get for free if your wheels don't have them, you need a 19mm cone wrench to adjust them. I came home after 28 miles and needed to tighten them. Then rode another 34 miles and on my ride when I stopped and checked, I thought I was going to have to tighten them when I got home, but I didn't.

How often do you guys tighten the bearing adjusters?

BTW...I am not an expert, and my bike feels a little more twitchy (in a good way) with the new wheels. However, I was not like WOW when I rode them today. They do seem to roll smooth, but so did my 1875 gram Cole wheels they replaced. They look better than my old wheels, and I did put some Hutchinson Fusion 3 tires on as well.

Master debator.
    I would say once, maybe twice you'll need to adjust them and then they'll stay good for a while.
    I have a set with around 2,200 miles. They are okay, but I had a spoke pop so I'm going to sell them and look for a more durable set.
    Good luck.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"