RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2015

26-28c tubeless tires with tread

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a tubeless 28mm or narrower tire that's both tough and has some sort of tread? File tread isn't enough. I've tried the tubed Gravelking in a 26, and it wasn't really cutting it for this application. Something like the S-works Turbo, but with more depth... if such a beast exists. Speaking of that tire, anybody here used it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I have S-Works Turbo Tubeless 26mm, currently on my Pacenti SL25s. No complaints so far but they are new-ish. I suspect they will not be very durable as they are relatively lightweight and already show signs of flattening off. Happily, they do have a tread wear indicator. I ride them on tarmac, not gravel or dirt. They do not feel meaningfully different to me than the Schwalbe Pro One tires they replaced.

CX'er
    Have you adjust the tire pressure on what you have currently? I'm unaware of much with tread in that width outside of file tread. It sounds like you're looking to get tread as a replacement for tire width which is a hard trade. Tire width helps a lot of combined with proper air pressure.

I assume you're riding gravel roads, can you describe the roads you're trying to ride on? I road 28mm maxxis refuse for a few years on hard, bumpy gravel roads with minimal sand or really loose gravel for several years with good results on my road bike but it wasn't really a substitute for a gravel tire, it was for mixed conditions riding around the suburban area where there where several stretches that were simply more fun to get through on gravel than to deal with car traffic. Something in the ballpark of 70% paved, 30% gravel. Again, depends on the gravel conditions as some of the gravel roads were better than the poor paved roads in SE Mi.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2015
    Thanks for the replies. I found another solution:

26-28c tubeless tires with tread-24xnh2f.jpg

We'll see how it works.