A Midwesterner In Europe
    Mar 2005

3T Funda Pro and Conti GP4000 25c clearance

I did some searching but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Does anybody with a 3t Funda Pro running a Conti GP4000 700x25 tire have photos of the tire clearance? Maybe not that exact tire but a different Conti in a 25mm even?

I run Conti GP4000's (700x25) on my bike and that gives me about 1mm of clearance between the tire and fork crown. I'd like to keep running the same tires because they seem to be incredibly durable and the ride quality is fantastic. Yet with wet roads and the crap from winter all over the fork and front brake get clogged with debris really quick. Then all I hear for the next few km's is crap rubbing on the front tire. That's too annoying for me. I'd switch to a 23 up front cause it's cheaper but I really like the 25 so I've considered switching forks but I want to make sure the clearance will be there before I get a new fork.

On the 3T website there is a Tire Clearance PDF that says there will be plenty of room but I'm not convinced.

Any help would be great, thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    [QUOTEa 3t Funda Pro running a Conti GP4000 700x25 ][/QUOTE]

I run this exact setup on my S2. Heaps of clearance. I will try to get some photos up for you.
    cheers
    Pagey
    Cervelo S2 w/SRAM Force / RS80 wheelset

A Midwesterner In Europe
    Mar 2005
    Thanks, that would be awesome.

I'd admit it sounds a bit ridiculous that I'd rather spend the money to change the fork than the front tire but running that tire combination really changed the way my bike feels when I'm out riding and I'd like to stick with it.

T K
    wasssabi
    My Schwalbe Durano in a 25 mounted to Shimano 105 wheelset does rub the underside of my 3T forks. Ever so slight in one spot but enough to stop the wheel there everytime and enough for me to have heard it while riding. Mounted same tires on a set a Fuzion M1s and no rub. But, clearence is about credit card thick.
    Maybe Schwalbes are a bigger 25 than Conti.

A Midwesterner In Europe
    Mar 2005
    I'm sure there's a height difference from one rim to another but I thought the Conti 25's were some of the bigger 25mm tires.

I'd like to stick to the Conti's which is why I'm looking for photo's from anyone with a 3T Funda Pro fork. I've got a little bit of clearance right now but I'd like a little more for when there's crap all over the roads. Otherwise the front brake gets clogged and then I hear an annoying noise for the whole ride.

I just want to be sure of the clearance before I spend any money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here you go. 23c GP4K on a 3T Funda Pro.

A Midwesterner In Europe
    Mar 2005
    Nice. Thanks for posting the photo.

That's a really nice looking fork actually. Looks to me like I could get a 25mm in there easily.