Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Aluminum Clincher - semi Aero rims?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  robncircus 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking about building up a new wheelset since my Mavic K's are starting to wear out. Thinking about an aluminum rim that has a bit of an aero profile....such as the AC 420 rims. I know AC does not sell the rims separately, but does anyone else make a rim with a profice close to the AC420's? If not, rim suggestion?

Thanks,
Michael

#2 ·
Have a look at the Kinlin XR-300

At 30mm they probably aren't quite as deep as the AC420's but probably as close as you'll get. Bicycle Wheel Warehouse also has a 30mm aluminum clincher that they call "the best 30mm aluminum wheel on the market. I think it's called the Pure Aero.

#5 ·
rruf, I didn't know the XR270 was wider than the XR300. Are they spec'd that way or is that just the way they've been measuring? Do you mind posting the width of them, I don't really know and can't find any info on them online? Thanks

#7 ·
KMan said:
So I'm thinking about building up a new wheelset since my Mavic K's are starting to wear out. Thinking about an aluminum rim that has a bit of an aero profile....such as the AC 420 rims. I know AC does not sell the rims separately, but does anyone else make a rim with a profice close to the AC420's? If not, rim suggestion?

Thanks,
Michael
I have never used any Halo rims. However, a British company:

http://www.halorims.com/Halo/halo-halorims_products.php?c=L

I have never heard any negative comments about their products. It seems to be if you can live without a sticker of a well recognized brand on it you will get a decent set of 30mm rims (or wheels) for a fair price.

#8 ·
dracula said:
I have never used any Halo rims. However, a British company:

http://www.halorims.com/Halo/halo-halorims_products.php?c=L

I have never heard any negative comments about their products. It seems to be if you can live without a sticker of a well recognized brand on it you will get a decent set of 30mm rims (or wheels) for a fair price.
Weight and price well above the Kinlins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.