Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    20

    Armadillo VS Satellite Elite

    I've been riding Specialized Nimbus Armadillo's and am very satisfied with the flat resistance. But it only comes in 700 X 38. I'd like to try a 32 in the Bontrage Satellite Elite.

    Does this tire resist flats as well as the Armadillo's?

    Is there another tire you would recommend.

    I find the Armadillo's pretty bomb proof.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    al0
    al0 is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: al0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse1
    I've been riding Specialized Nimbus Armadillo's and am very satisfied with the flat resistance. But it only comes in 700 X 38. I'd like to try a 32 in the Bontrage Satellite Elite.

    Does this tire resist flats as well as the Armadillo's?

    Is there another tire you would recommend.

    I find the Armadillo's pretty bomb proof.

    Jeff
    Nimbus Armadilo is not only version of Armadillo available, there are much more, e.g. Infinity Armadillo exists as 700x32 (as well as 700x38). Really, different version of Armadillos exist in all sizes from 700x23 and up. Check carefully www.specialized.com

  3. #3
    Polka Power
    Reputation: ChuckUni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse1
    I've been riding Specialized Nimbus Armadillo's and am very satisfied with the flat resistance. But it only comes in 700 X 38. I'd like to try a 32 in the Bontrage Satellite Elite.

    Does this tire resist flats as well as the Armadillo's?

    Is there another tire you would recommend.

    I find the Armadillo's pretty bomb proof.

    Jeff
    Continental Top Touring 2000. Tough as nails....or maybe tougher. I've never had a puncture flat with them.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    48

    700x23 Armadillo's are good

    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse1
    I've been riding Specialized Nimbus Armadillo's and am very satisfied with the flat resistance. But it only comes in 700 X 38. I'd like to try a 32 in the Bontrage Satellite Elite.

    Does this tire resist flats as well as the Armadillo's?

    Is there another tire you would recommend.

    I find the Armadillo's pretty bomb proof.

    Jeff
    I've used the the 700x23 Armadillo with no problems. Used it for commuting and have never gotten a flat with it. I pump my tires up to the max to avoid pinch flats everyday.

  5. #5
    Arrogant roadie.....
    Reputation: Dave_Stohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoma
    I've used the the 700x23 Armadillo with no problems. Used it for commuting and have never gotten a flat with it. I pump my tires up to the max to avoid pinch flats everyday.
    Gee-considering how hard 'dillos ride, the fillings in your teeth must be loose by now....
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft

  6. #6
    Alien Musician
    Reputation: aliensporebomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,544

    Angry Interesting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Stohler
    Gee-considering how hard 'dillos ride, the fillings in your teeth must be loose by now....
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but since I've put 'Dillos on my road bike
    I've been to the dentist no less than three times. Coincidence?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sea Otter Classic

Hot Deals

Contest


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook