RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011

Azonic Techlite AL clincher?

Looking to replace my Fulcrum stockies that came with my R3. Any word on this wheelset? 1410g claimed weight @ $379 sounds like a killer deal..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Curious about these as well as they seem too good to be true at Pricepoint:

Anybody familiar with these wheels or Azonic in general?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    I was able to go to Jenson USA Riverside and check out this wheelset. I was able to check out and weigh them. The build and finish of the wheel look decent, it looked like a typical China wheel. The black rim had a black matte textured surface. Close inspection revealed that the hubs used were NOVATEC hubs.

Now on to the actual weights:
    Front: 585g
    Rear: 789g
    Included skewers: 110g
    Total for wheelset(no rim tape): 1374g
    Total with included skewers(no rim tape): 1484g

Sounds pretty legit to me

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rival...did you pick up the wheels? I am looking into getting some lighter wheels. My bike came with Cole Rollen wheels which are supposed to be over 1800 grams a set. I was looking in Vuelta Corsa Team V or mavic ksyrium elite. Mavic's just seem too expensive for me...I don't compete or race, just ride around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    No I didn't, but these are on top of my list. Others I'm considering are the Boyd and Williams alloy clinchers, which are both slightly heavier (1500g range) and a little more $$

RoadBikeReview Member
    My weight fluctuates between 170-180. I don't race or compete and only ride about 1000-1500 a year. I know im not putting out a lot of power. All that being said, will a 1500 gram or lower wheel not be bad for my weight?

I was thinking about Williams system 19's but they said 180lbs is the limit. Could I still get away with those?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    IMO you cant go wrong going with a lighter wheelset. And to be on the safe side if you're close to the weight limit of a wheelset I wouldn't take the risk, unless you're sure or motivated not to go over it. But still I'd rather go with the Azonic's or the Williams system 30 which have a 190lb weight limit

Hai.
    Holy thread bumpery!

Anyways, I've been looking at these wheels too. Found them listed on several legit retail sites (Jenson, Pricepoint, Wheelworld), so they seem legit enough, but I can't find anything about the company.

I know Azonic is a pretty nice MTB company, but a quick check on their USA and International sites doesn't show anything remotely related to road stuff -- it's all DH-type stuff that they do. Anyone know if the Azonic road wheels are related to the Azonic mtb company?

As said before, that kind of weight at that price is incredible. I'm particularly interested in long-term durability, as I've only found a whole two reviews on the various interwebs.
    Man up, dumb down, and do one gear.

/AYHSMB