Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Bontrager Select Dead after 5k miles

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kerry Irons 
#1 ·
The Bontrager Select wheels that came on my '02 Lemond are dead after slightly over 5k miles. I flatted today and while I was fixing it I noticed several cracks in the rear wheel around the spoke nipples. Guess I am in the market for some new wheels.

All in all the wheels held up good. I only had to tweak them a couple of times to keep them true and I was not easy on them. They were my bad weather and commuter wheels and saw many a pothole.

Time to upgrade but also keep the cost down. I plan on swinging by the LBS tomorrow and see what they have.

#3 ·
the Inbred said:
lifetime warranty on Bontrager wheels.
The wheel is not covered unless it had a lifetime when I bought the bike. I don't deal with the LBS where I bought the bike anymore, not because of problems but I found a place closer to home that I like better, however I will swing by there first and see what they have to say.

Bontrager Limited Warranty:

Bontrager warrants each new Bontrager component or wheelset against defects in workmanship and materials:

* For 5 years: All Bontrager components and accessories, except consumables such as tires and inner tubes
* For 1 year: Bontrager consumables such as tires and inner tubes

This warranty does not cover:

* Normal wear and tear
* Improper assembly
* Improper follow-up maintenance
* Installation of parts or accessories not originally intended for, or compatible with, the Bontrager fork, components, or wheelsets as sold
* Damage or failure due to accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect
* Labor charges for part replacement or changeover

This warranty is void in its entirety by any modification of the wheelset or components. This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective item and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. Bontrager is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.

Claims under this warranty must be made through an authorized Bontrager dealer. Proof of purchase is required. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.