Sooper Dooper Moderator!

Brake pads for carbon rims

I've gone through the Reynolds pads that came with my mv32t wheels and I need to replace them. Took me about 2500 miles.

I've read the posts on the SwissStops. I'm a little concerned about the squealing as my Reynolds pads hissed when I applied the brakes, not to mention the price. Read some good things on the Zipp pads too.

Should I stick with the Reynolds again? Has anyone tried the Campy carbon brake pads?

Any other recommendations? I have Campy brakes.

thx,

i.s.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm using Swiss Stop yellows on my campy brakeset. They are expensive but there are also very good and have yet to squeal - using them on an older set of DVs and newer MV32s. Braking on the newer MVs is better.

Heard good reports on koolstop carbons as well but have not tried them.

It only hurts if you think.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnysmooth
    I'm using Swiss Stop yellows on my campy brakeset. They are expensive but there are also very good and have yet to squeal - using them on an older set of DVs and newer MV32s. Braking on the newer MVs is better.

Heard good reports on koolstop carbons as well but have not tried them.
    I've been leaning toward the SwissStops. Maybe I'll give them a try. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I'm running SwissStop Yellows on a couple of bikes, love them. Not sure of mileage yet, I've only got about 1,500 total on them but have not needed to adjust yet. They other bike has only seen about 100miles with them so far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002
    Cork is not the best product to use?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shaochieh
    Cork is not the best product to use?
    If you get caught in the rain while running cork pads, good luck trying to stop

I have around 3500miles on my swiss stop yellows, they'll probably go at least another 1000 before needing replacement

Radical
    I run the SwissStop greens on my ceramic-rims. And I'll say this: The SwissStop mounting hardware is much better than Kool Stop - the other main choice. But finding a place in the USA that actually had them in stock - though many advertised them - was a bust. I finally found a place in England. I had them in hand in 5 days:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/default.a...B&currency=USD

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpaint
    I have around 3500miles on my swiss stop yellows, they'll probably go at least another 1000 before needing replacement
    They'll last longer than my Reynolds did. That's good to hear.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been using yellows on my DV46C ULs. I still have issues with squealing at lower speeds like stopping for a stop sign going down a hill.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I got DV46s and recently put on yellow swiss stops replacing the reynolds brake pads that lasted 3,000 miles. The front brakes squeal badly with the swiss stops. I then replaced the front brakes with reynolds pads and kept the rears swiss stops.

The only problem I have with the reynolds pads is the extreme difficulty in taking them off and installing them on the brake holders. If anyone have good advice on removing/installing them, please shall. I got campys.