RoadBikeReview Member

Cane Creek Volos XL or neuvation R28's?

I came across some take-off Cane Creek Volos XL's and from the comments here, they seem to be a nice wheel though now discontinued. My other option were the Neuvation R28 SL '3s.
    I'm 155#'s and these are going to see mostly well groomed streets and trails on my usual recreational rides. Pretty tame use basically. Originally I was intending to do an Open Pro/Dura Ace build.

Your thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma601
    I came across some take-off Cane Creek Volos XL's and from the comments here, they seem to be a nice wheel though now discontinued. My other option were the Neuvation R28 SL '3s.
    I'm 155#'s and these are going to see mostly well groomed streets and trails on my usual recreational rides. Pretty tame use basically. Originally I was intending to do an Open Pro/Dura Ace build.

Your thoughts?
    Of those, I'd go Cane Creek...
    Or, look at ROL Volant wheels...I love mine...
    www.rolwheels.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks for mentioning the Rol's, that is a very nice deal they have. These look like the ones I'll buy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    If the cane creeks are the ones with the etched in lizards on the hubs then I'd pick the other option. Those hubs had some problems that were fixed with the newer ones that had a rectangular logo that said "Cane" on the top, lizard in the middle and "Creek" on the bottom.

I have two pairs on Cane Creek road wheels that I like alot, even my heavier Strados are very nice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks for updating me...these did have the etched white lizard/s on the hubs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Neuvation, Rol, or Williams are all good choices.