LJ1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

CarbonSports "Ventoux" wheelset

Hey guys, just a quick link to the latest wheels to hit the market that may provoke some discussion......

http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/view...r=asc&start=30

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ1
    Hey guys, just a quick link to the latest wheels to hit the market that may provoke some discussion......

Jeez....the things that a Lightweight addiction will drive a guy to do......Have you no shame LJ? The wheels are of course gorgeorific, and FWIW I now hate you much more than I ever hated myself.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Under ACrookedSky
    Hmm...first post. And it just happens to be a URL to some product that just "hit the market."

I don't buy stuff from spammers.
    Well, FWIW, if this is LJ from Weight Weenies....and I think it is.....he's anything but a spammer. He's an uber poster over there.

Second, people don't SPAM re: Lightweight Wheels. Budget Lightweight wheels cost round about $3000. Considering the reputation that Carbon Sports has, they don't even need to advertise. More than a few pro riders have bought Lightweights on their own and rebadged them to use in races.

Third, the Ventoux wheelset is pretty damned special. It weighs in at 992g mark. And it's not a fragile wheelset. Go to the Carbon Sports homepage and do a bit of reading. Or you can ask Ligero, Ergott, Woz, Juanmoretime, or many of the others 'round here that have seen Lightweights, just how special these wheels are.

I think the rote RBR response of "spammer" is a bit played out. It's time to use that gray stuff in your brain pan a little bit.

FWIW#2: the link is to a thread w/ pics in the Fairwheel Bikes forum. It's not an ad or summat.
    Last edited by alienator; 05-06-2006 at 02:57 PM.

wheel to wheel
    Hmm...first post. And it just happens to be a URL to some product that just "hit the market."

This is too funny.

I did not realize that Spam came in a Lightweight version now.
    But, I guess since even McDonald's is going all "healthy" now, well, it was just a matter of time before CarbonSports caught on. Sly guys.

Pretty soon, there'll be "PinaSpam", "DogmaSpam" and "BoraSpam" too, for those with more discriminating Spam palates.

PS1: What alienator said.

PS2: LJ, this thread might be better off in the "Wheels and Tires" forum.

Get me to In&Out
    Thanks for sharing LJ...those wheels are incredible.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member

LOL........man it never ends here does it ?

Welcome LJ ! I bet this is the first time you have been called a mystery meat eh? Looking forward to the ride report. Of all the LW wheels this one is really pushing my buttons.

Moderatus Puisne
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ1

Thanks, LJ. I'll drool a bit, but laugh at the recreational guys who drop the retail on these things.

And laugh in disgust at those who call "spammer" on something like this...

Soul Mining
    This makes the unemployed among us just a bit more despondent.