Page 1 of 53 123 ... LastLast
    banned
    Jun 2010

China carbon wheels

Anyone has bought wheels from yishun?

I'm interested in 50mm clincher:

http://yishuntrade.en.alibaba.com/pr..._wheelset.html

Price is very good (490$), but does anyone have any ideas about quality?

Compu.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    I recently received a set of carbon wheels from another seller (sinfong) that I connected with on alibaba. I ordered the 38mm carbon rims with aluminum braking surface paired with Pillar 1422 spokes, red anodized Powerway hubs (which I'm pretty sure are the same hubs that Yishun uses only hers are branded as Chosen). The build quality looks good from an asthetic standpoint and the set is 1600 grams. I'm actually going to try to sell these because I wish I'd ordered the full carbon clinchers instead. Here's some shots of the set I received.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    I just ordered a pair from Yishun, I'll let you know if a few months.

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    those hubs look like American Classics. i guess that's where they get them from.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryMan76
    I recently received a set of carbon wheels from another seller (sinfong) that I connected with on alibaba. I ordered the 38mm carbon rims with aluminum braking surface paired with Pillar 1422 spokes, red anodized Powerway hubs (which I'm pretty sure are the same hubs that Yishun uses only hers are branded as Chosen). The build quality looks good from an asthetic standpoint and the set is 1600 grams. I'm actually going to try to sell these because I wish I'd ordered the full carbon clinchers instead. Here's some shots of the set I received.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Wow ! your the first person I have ever heard of that actually didn't get ripped off from Alibaba.
    They have a site devoted to alibaba scams.
    http://www.alibabascam.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zipptrek
    Wow ! your the first person I have ever heard of that actually didn't get ripped off from Alibaba.
    They have a site devoted to alibaba scams.
    http://www.alibabascam.com/
    I'll admit that I was skeptical about buying something from some unknown seller overseas. But I spent about 7 months emailing back and forth to the seller requesting price quotes for diff't builds and what not. The seller was always pretty responsive to my requests and there was also a group buy for a similiar build on the bikeforums.net site that left me feeling as if it wasn't too much of a gamble to go after something like this.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I bought some months ago 38mm carbon wheelset from yishun ( yishunstefano@gmail.com )
    I've tested and used in a lot of race, and I can tell you that are very good for the price.
    They are well built, have very good hubs and they are lighter than other prducts that often costs double the price. Before buying i ask in other forums and I realize that a lot of people are buying from this company...

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by luca.grigo
    I bought some months ago 38mm carbon wheelset from yishun ( yishunstefano@gmail.com )
    I've tested and used in a lot of race, and I can tell you that are very good for the price.
    They are well built, have very good hubs and they are lighter than other prducts that often costs double the price. Before buying i ask in other forums and I realize that a lot of people are buying from this company...
    How long did it take for you to get your wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Yours is tubular or clincher?

Mine is tubular and arrived after 10 days. I know that for clincher you have to wait 30/35 days.

Difference between brand wheels and this yishun in my opinion is just stickers

Now probably I'm going to order 50mm tubular red hubs and red nipples China carbon wheels-50mm-tubular-large-.jpg

China carbon wheels-50mm.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Update: Hubs are Chosen http://www.chosen-hubs.com/chosen.php?sid=79&tid=82 that are known for their high quality. You can find also in more expansive products

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Clinchers, 60mm front 88mm rear.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Luca.grigo, have you weighed them yet??? I am curious, they look great.
    I'm keeping my freedom, Bible, guns, and money....... You can keep your damn CHANGE.

banned
    May 2010
    wow why did these wheels pop up so late? why didn't anyone bring them up earlier? $430 for a carbon clincher, 1600g, good (unknown?) quality, 1600g/set.

Does anyone have anymore info on the rim/spokes brand? how do they compare to DT Comp/Champion spokes? Would these carbon rims be better/worse than something like the BWW Blackset Race rim?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Yes, wheels are 1360g / pair 38mm tubular

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Anyway if you write to yishunstefano@gmail.com they give you all information I think, about hubs, spokes and so on... I know that they sell a lot to New Zealand Italy UK France...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyliner1004
    wow why did these wheels pop up so late? why didn't anyone bring them up earlier? $430 for a carbon clincher, 1600g, good (unknown?) quality, 1600g/set.

Does anyone have anymore info on the rim/spokes brand? how do they compare to DT Comp/Champion spokes? Would these carbon rims be better/worse than something like the BWW Blackset Race rim?
    They were obviously trying to hold out on you.

The Blackset Race are alloy first, so it is difficult to compare.

I guess if you went with the 20mm carbon clinchers (assuming they are available), they'd probably be lighter than the Blacksets, but I doubt they'd be as durable. With the carbon wheels you can get a deeper profile at a lower weight compared to alloy, but carbon clinchers are relatively new and frankly, I'd be leary of their durability and engineering. Maybe that means I'm missing out on a great deal. I'll take that chance. The tubulars look pretty appealing to me though.

banned
    Jun 2010
    Talking with YishunStefano perhaps I've changed my mind. Probably I'll buy 50mm tubular full carbon. Becouse:
    - it's cheaper 400$
    - it's lighter 1425g pair
    - It's available in 15 days
    - And I always wanted to try tubular...
    Searching around Chosen hubs should be very good and pics confirm quality production.

banned
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Compu1980
    Talking with YishunStefano perhaps I've changed my mind. Probably I'll buy 50mm tubular full carbon. Becouse:
    - it's cheaper 400$
    - it's lighter 1425g pair
    - It's available in 15 days
    - And I always wanted to try tubular...
    Searching around Chosen hubs should be very good and pics confirm quality production.
    can you link to the wheels you're getting?
    how good are their spokes/rims compared to the name brand mavic/shimano/dt swiss?

banned
    Jun 2010
    http://yishuntrade.en.alibaba.com/pr...rformance.html

http://yishuntrade.en.alibaba.com/pr...ke_wheels.html

I'm sure that hubs are very good, and spokes http://www.cnspoke.com/products/Spoke_MAC/aero/aero.htm should be too.

After all 95% of wheels (as frames) that we are using are built in China

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Compu1980

After all 95% of wheels (as frames) that we are using are built in China

Do you work for them?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Got this response from that email yesterday:

Thanks for enquiry.

All our carbon wheels are manufactured in accordance with international quality standard. With high quality products and the professional and trustable service, we have won a high reputation among customers.

Because we have our own factory, so we can give you the best price.

We have 20mm, 38mm, 50mm, 60mm, 88mm and Disc both clincher than tubular

Price for 20mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 380.00$. Weight is about 1237 g.
    Price for 20mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 470.00$. Weight is about 1427 g.
    Price for 38mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 390.00$. Weight is about 1327 g.
    Price for 38mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 480.00$. Weight is about 1507 g.
    Price for 50mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 400.00$. Weight is about 1459 g.
    Price for 50mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 490.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
    Price for 60mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 420.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
    Price for 60mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 515.00$. Weight is about 1610 g.
    Price for 88mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 460.00$. Weight is about 1680 g.
    Price for 88mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 535.00$. Weight is about 1860 g.

If you make larger order, the better price would be available.

The cost of shipping to USA by ems is 70.00usd/carton, one pair in one carton. For ems, it need one week

You can pay with paypal (+ 7% commission) or Western Union or Bank Transfer or any way you like.

Usually, the sample delivery time is 15-30 days more or less. For every wheels, we supply skewers and brake pads for free, and we also offer 1 year guarantee for our wheels.

For now, the hubs (black, white or red) we are using are from Chosen (high quality) from Taiwan, and there 2 sealed bearings in the front and 4 bearings in the rear. the bearings are from japan.

The spokes we are using are aero flat spokes from cnspoke.

I have great interest in developing business with you, it will be my big pleasure if i have opportunities to be on service of you in the future. Have more questions, pls feel free to let me know.

Just to let you know, a lot of racers use our wheelset. So the quality is very high.

Look forward to your early reply.
    Thanks and best regards
    Yours
    Stefano
    I am kicking the idea around of getting one of those wheelsets too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Do you work for them?
    I think that he wanted to say that even if you buy a Cervelo, a Bianchi, or a Cannondale, or a famous brand they are all made in china ;)

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Same email that I got, I ordered a 60/88 clincher combo. I will thoroughly document my experience when the wheels come in.

banned
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Do you work for them?
    No mjdwyer23, just check Cervelo MADE IN CHINA????
    This is my idea: 95% of products that WE use are made in China

I asked for some more chosen pics...China carbon wheels-dsc04204.jpg

China carbon wheels-dsc04205.jpg

China carbon wheels-dsc04207.jpg

China carbon wheels-dsc04547.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Price for 20mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 380.00$. Weight is about 1237 g.
    Price for 20mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 470.00$. Weight is about 1427 g.
    Price for 38mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 390.00$. Weight is about 1327 g.
    Price for 38mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 480.00$. Weight is about 1507 g.
    Price for 50mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 400.00$. Weight is about 1459 g.
    Price for 50mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 490.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
    Price for 60mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 420.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
    Price for 60mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 515.00$. Weight is about 1610 g.
    Price for 88mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 460.00$. Weight is about 1680 g.
    Price for 88mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 535.00$. Weight is about 1860 g."

These are for complete carbon wheel sets...or are they the bonded to alu wheels?

Lol...I might man up and get a set of the 38mm tubular.

Page 1 of 53 123 ... LastLast