RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

Chris King R45 for Campy...anyone running them yet?

Just wondering if anyone has laced any up yet. I am leaning towards using them on my next build. I know they just started shipping them about a month ago. I run King on all my mtb wheelsets and absolutely love them. My build will likely be Kinlin XR300's, King R45's and Sapim spokes. Also considering WI H2/H3 hubs. This will be an all silver build to go on my Tommasini Tecno. Going for a classic modern look. Thanks for any input y'all can share!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    For the price of the CK R45 hubs, you might also want to consider Alchemy hubs which are offered in silver.
    As I understand it, the Alchemy's provide some of the best drive side spacing to build a strong rear Campy 11 compatible wheel.
    I would be interested to learn how the R45 rear hub compares to the Alchemy ORC since the hub expense would be relatively close.
    The R45 would be a good choice for a modern classic look IMO. The Alchemy's would be more neutral or perhaps modern in appearance.
    DG

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Planning to buy a set of these in the next couple weeks for a new build. No one seems to have stock yet from what I have seen. Won't be able to report back until then. I too was considering the Alchemy hubs. I've heard great things in terms of the hub geometry. CK is a name I know better and trust, and I have really loved the ring drive system (as opposed to a standard pawl system) on my mountain bike, so I am leaning towards CK. The front hub is much lighter on the matching ELF, but don't know if I can bring myself to "break" the set of hubs