RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

DT Swiss mon Chasseral or Zipp CSC Team

Hi All:

I am looking at a wheel upgrade for my Look, and I am considering DT Swiss Mon Chasseral ( or DT 240 with the RR1.1 rim), and also the Zipp CSC Team.

I have examined both, and both are very nice, but the hubs feel a bit smoother on the DT Swiss (240). I haven't ridden either.

I weigh 185, and will use them as all around wheels.

Anyone riding these or have some input on these wheels?

Thanks in advance,
    Joseph

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    if i had to choose, the dts... some ppl have issues with the zipp hubs... as i'm sure you know they both use the dt 1.1 rim....

if you were bent on the 1.1 rims, id probably get a wheelbuilder here to lace em up to shimano DA or record hubs, easily available spokes and be done with it... these rear hubs are wider than the a lil bit narrow dt rear, and last time i looked, both were far cheaper.... the mon chasseral is very expensive for an average box section wheelset imo...

right now its pretty hard to go past a 24/28 nio 27 on WI hubs imo... pretty good do it all... for around the same price...

Online Wheel Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by wankski
    right now its pretty hard to go past a 24/28 nio 27 on WI hubs imo... pretty good do it all... for around the same price...
    Thats what I am feeling.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for your input .

So you guys think the Dura Ace hubs are as good as the DT Swiss hubs?

Joseph

Online Wheel Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker7
    Thanks for your input .

So you guys think the Dura Ace hubs are as good as the DT Swiss hubs?

Joseph
    I dont.

RoadBikeReview Member
    240s, nio 27's, 28 r, 24 fr I think would be great at your 185. Full discloser, I'm not a pro builder but have built many wheels and including a set of these with 28r 20f for myself at 145/150 lbs. They are every day training wheels and have 10k or so miles the hubs just keep getting better and wheelset has been one of my favorites.

Several well respected builders on this site prefer rear hubs with wider flange spacing than the 240s. I must not be strong powerful enough to tell the difference. the WI hubs crtainly nice - I not sure off the top of my head if they have wider flange spacing - might checkit out.

All good options - have fun.
    Can you hear the grasshopper at your feet?