RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Easton R4 hub cassette body bearings

I need to replace the bearings on my R4 hub cassette body (Campagnolo version). I can't find the spec's on the required bearings. Is the bearing the same as the drive side bearing for the R4 hub (bearing specification: 6902) ??
    Thanks..

I posted in the Easton section but got no responce.

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    look on the easton site. http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/t...g-installation it's listed on the drawing cutaway http://www.eastoncycling.com/bike/wp...ub_Drawing.pdf

You may have to remove the bearing from the cassette body. the bearing number will be printed on the bearing seal.
    Last edited by cmg; 11-23-2010 at 01:16 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    cmg,
    I searched the Easton site and found/reviewed the drawing you attached. On that drawing the bearings for the hub are called out and identified (6901 and 6902). They do not identify the two bearings in the freehub body. I suspect they are 6902 but would like someone "in the know" to confirm. I guess I could dis-assemble then read off the bearing assembly but I was hoping to get the replacements beofre I start the job so I can complete it all in one miserable afternoon.

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    it's Easton's way of encouraging you to buy the freehub with the bearings installed. the ceramic bearings are on the freehub that has splines removed to lighten it. they're the red seal ones. Costs about $65 same as the bearings by themselves.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    cmg,
    Sorry to beat this subject to death, but, are you saying that I could buy the freehub body with the bearings installed from Easton for the same price as buying the Freehub bearings separately??

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj111
    cmg,
    Sorry to beat this subject to death, but, are you saying that I could buy the freehub body with the bearings installed from Easton for the same price as buying the Freehub bearings separately??

yes you can. discovered that when i went to my local bike shop to change the freehub to campy. It came with the bearings. Here's the bearing kit from superfly cycles http://www.superflycycles.com/servle...g-Wheel/Detail or do a google search