Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 3885
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14
    There are more, the offer many colour combinations

  2. #27
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    can you get custom designs on these wheels or only in blank carbon.
    cheers
    mick

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    can you get custom designs on these wheels or only in blank carbon.
    cheers
    mick

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoMontoya
    Here is Sam's contact info if anyone is interested.

    http://www.alibaba.com/member/samuel1019.html
    Unfortunately, Sam had past away about two years ago.. He used to be one of our best friends.

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: octapotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    92
    Ordered 50mm Carbon Clinchers from Yishun. Shipped fast, great quality. Have yet to ride the rear as I'm waiting on a new frame (from Archteks).

    I strapped the front onto my fixie and went on a nice long ride. Great weight and feel. Breaks screamed like a bastard tho which reminded me I hadn't swapped pads, still, they stopped OK and no harm was done.

    I'm already thinking of putting a custom set together with the following bits:

    20mm Carbon Clinchers from Archteks 24/20 - http://tinyurl.com/4senbgk - 380g ea (~$300pair? waiting on quote)
    Token Tiramic Hubset - http://tinyurl.com/4dzu6yc - 288g F+R ($199)
    CX Ray Spokes + nipples - 200g (~$150)

    Seems I'll end up with a ~1248g wheelset for ~$675. Seems pretty sweet to me, but keen to know any thoughts/CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms if anybody wishes to put them forward.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by octapotamus; 03-02-2011 at 05:24 PM.

  6. #31
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,570
    Originally posted by Equinox
    Unfortunately, Sam had past away about two years ago.. He used to be one of our best friends.
    Man that's a real shame about Sam. However, you can still get some great carbon rims from that Alibaba site.
    http://www.alibaba.com/member/samuel1019.html

  7. #32
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,570
    Originally Posted by octapotamus
    20mm Carbon Clinchers from Archteks 24/20 - http://tinyurl.com/4senbgk - 380g ea (~$300pair? waiting on quote)
    Token Tiramic Hubset - http://tinyurl.com/4dzu6yc - 288g F+R ($199)
    CX Ray Spokes + nipples - 200g (~$75)
    Mr. Octa, qty (44) Sapim CX rays AND nipples for $75.00. Please share your source for these smokin prices.

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: octapotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by metoou2
    Mr. Octa, qty (44) Sapim CX rays AND nipples for $75.00. Please share your source for these smokin prices.
    It was a total stab in the dark I admit. How far off am I?

  9. #34
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: octapotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    92
    OK, so more like ~$120-150 http://tinyurl.com/4d5kfwr

    Revised Total - $675 let's say $700 to be safe. Still pretty good?

  10. #35
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,570
    (4) posts............joined to ask about e-Bay carbon rims.

  11. #36
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,570
    Man! you had me all worked up......................I thought you found some unheard of deal. Unfortunately your re-post of $120 ~ $150 is dead on!

  12. #37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    My set of 88MM Clinchers from EBay are shipping this week.. stay tuned and I'll give you a report.

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    You could drop $100 if you got these hubs:

    http://www.bikehubstore.com/ $100 for 277gram hub set is crazy good.

  14. #39
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    165
    It seems that yishun has up price of its alluminium wheels from $220 to $230 with alloy QR instead of the Ti QR previously

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by athletic91
    It seems that yishun has up price of its alluminium wheels from $220 to $230 with alloy QR instead of the Ti QR previously
    Correct price for Alloy wheels now is 219$+ shipping
    We have sent always Alloy skewers
    YishunBike Stefano
    email: stefano@yishunbike.com yishunstefano@gmail.com
    Site: www.yishunstefano.com
    Facebook: Yishun Bike Stefano

  16. #41
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63
    I received a lot of emails of our real customer, asking me to reply to 2 posts here in this very interesting forum.

    If I can I'll try even if facts are more important than words.
    Sometimes we make some mistakes (very few really) but when happens we always try to find a solution

    One customer received the product with the wrong finish: 3k gloss than 3k matt he had paid for.
    We make some errors dealing with him but (aftersale contacted me yesterday) we shipped the correct finish to him (I have to say anyway he was very patient and a real good person)

    For second customer afterservice is still dealing with him (unfortunately I can deal anymore with him directly)

    Yishun Produce and sell quality rims and wheels
    If you search on line and ask "real" customers you can't find any problem about our products, even if we sell 10X or 100X than other company right now.

    Our price is obviusly different from other retailers, becouse we sell directly and we ship from our factory.

    Last 3 days we had a great increase of orders becouse more and more people now knows that buying directly they pay the product not the re-seller with nice stickers

    The service you have from a LBS is different of course, but not all people want to pay this difference
    YishunBike Stefano
    email: stefano@yishunbike.com yishunstefano@gmail.com
    Site: www.yishunstefano.com
    Facebook: Yishun Bike Stefano

  17. #42
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    Got my 38mm and 88mm tubular wheels from Dengfu on Wednesday. Very pleased so far. Waiting on tires from TotalCycling so it will be a couple weeks before I ride them.

    Shipping documented here.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1163692...ularWheelsets#
    Last edited by kleinboogie; 03-11-2011 at 04:18 PM.

  18. #43
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    Hongfu has some new carbon tubular rims. The new 38mm tub weighs 310g and the new 50mm tub weighs 350grams!!

  19. #44
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Guymk
    Hongfu has some new carbon tubular rims. The new 38mm tub weighs 310g and the new 50mm tub weighs 350grams!!
    Link?

  20. #45
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    Here is the link http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....5fba0787e3202f

    They don't have weights listed but I emailed Jenny at Hongfu and this was the email I got.

    thanks for your email!
    the weight is :
    38mm tubular: 310+_10g
    50mm tubular: 350+_10g
    the price is :
    245USD(include front and rear 38mm tubular rim)+70USD(shipping cost)
    260USD(include front and rear 50mm tubular rim)+70USD(shipping cost)
    thanks!

    best regards!
    Jenny

  21. #46
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    Unfortunately, Sam had past away about two years ago.. He used to be one of our best friends.
    I am stunned to hear that. He was a total gentleman, and I had every confidence in doing any business with him. I am saddened to hear this news.

  22. #47
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    377
    Have any of you guys found that the Yishun's are strung up too tight? I was thinking about loosening the tension a little in fear that the spokes would one day pull, however then I saw the inside of the rims on this forum (thanks Boyd). and saw they had a metal ring around the spoke holes to stop them pulling. So I'm hoping they will be okay.

    Nice wheels though.

  23. #48
    Special guest
    Reputation: turbogrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Guymk
    Here is the link http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....5fba0787e3202f

    They don't have weights listed but I emailed Jenny at Hongfu and this was the email I got.

    thanks for your email!
    the weight is :
    38mm tubular: 310+_10g
    50mm tubular: 350+_10g
    the price is :
    245USD(include front and rear 38mm tubular rim)+70USD(shipping cost)
    260USD(include front and rear 50mm tubular rim)+70USD(shipping cost)
    thanks!

    best regards!
    Jenny
    I just bought a set each of the superlight 50mm tubular and clinchers. The clinchers are supposed to be 420 grams per rim.

  24. #49
    Don't Tread on Me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    994
    Tag for more info and opinions.

    Looking for a reasonably affordable upgrade from my 2200g CXP 22's

  25. #50
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: AvantDale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey
    Have any of you guys found that the Yishun's are strung up too tight? I was thinking about loosening the tension a little in fear that the spokes would one day pull, however then I saw the inside of the rims on this forum (thanks Boyd). and saw they had a metal ring around the spoke holes to stop them pulling. So I'm hoping they will be okay.

    Nice wheels though.
    I would advise to have the tension checked by your local shop.

    My front was ok...but the rear tension was too soft. They had to be tightened up.

    I don't know to what criteria these wheels are built upon, but I would get the tension checked before you ride.

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •