Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but r reading about the ICAN clinchers, I want to look into a 38mm set for myself. I was told to look into Farsports or Gigantex as an alternative.

Anyone have points of comparison to offer on the alternates over ICAN?

From what I can tell, the ICAN wheelsets are worth a shot, but I haven't really seen them referenced recently outside of this thread.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    I haven't had any experience with Farsports or Gigantex. I put another 2,000 miles on my ICANs this last (shortened by cold weather) bike season and again cannot find anything bad to say about these wheels. Even decided to use them on my Cervelo R2 for a September Century ride instead of using my almost too comfortable Endurance bike. Turned out to be a great ride, great weather and way easier than I ever remember any Century ride to have been. The light weight of this wheel set, combined with the effective aero performance and compliance had to be part of the reason.

No regrets and fully satisfied with the ICAN purchase. I obviously remain a fan of this wheel brand. It's too bad that more cyclists don't post experiences with their wheels and post more often. I find it a valuable resource.
    At my age, it's all uphill!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Have many sets of rims from Light Bicycle. Road and mtn. I build my own wheels. Been happy with all of them.

Could not beat their price on a complete wheelset for my new mtn bike project. So I bought first complete wheelset from them over xmas.

Even tension, true, well built.
    Very happy with them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's inspiring. For me, it's worth a shot at the investment. And they're available on Amazon - so I can ride them hard for 30 days and see where I am at along the final decision making process. I think I am going to take the plunge. Of course, everyone has an opinion on what they think is best; riding styles differ, experience differs, terrain is even a determining factor in the success of trying something new.

I take it all with a grain of salt. I certainly appreciate the insight. Going to place my order today.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good luck! That's basically what I did. Found out as much info as I could before deciding on the wheels. I probably spent over 6 months doing the research and comparing products when I got serious. In the end, it was... either go for a set of brand name wheels for around $2k or go with a set that wasn't at the time quite $500. At a quarter the cost they made for a interesting value comparison. Plus, most carbon wheels are manufactured in China anyway, so, really not a stretch for me. And in both cases it was kind of a shot in the dark and a leap of faith for me since I had no personal experience riding on a carbon wheel. I went for the Sapim CX-Ray spokes on them, since I do have very positive experience with those.
    At my age, it's all uphill!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Just got some 50mm aero wheels in from OnlyCarbonWheels on Ebay. Mounted perfectly, look incredible. I put some Contis on them and will post more hopefully quite soon when I hit the road. Dropped over a pound off my bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Finally got them on the road, and they are fantastic. Road feel is so nice compared to the stock wheels. I am dealing with heavy winds down here so I can't say what the speed advantage is yet, but I can say that my ride was noticeably easier than with my old wheels. Holding speed at 22ish mph seems a lot easier. In tailwinds I was going 25-27 with no effort, and into headwinds I was 18-20. Nuetral wind I was able to easily do 20-22 at the end of the ride, this is when I usually am winding down to 18-20.

Only way I can describe it so far is that I feel less resistance to get to speed and hold speed. Essentially they feel like an extra gear. I'll post more after I have some more rides, but this was an amazing upgrade for $600 shipped.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So I got the ICAN wheels in a couple of days ago. Took them out of the box and they look sweet. Without knowing these were made in China I would've thought they were "high end" wheelsets. They look super clean. True right out of the box. I can't wait to slap them on the build I got going. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I can get everything built up and running, but I am pretty pleased (so far) with the purchase. Will update when I get the bike built and the wheels tested out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    I had multiple people ask me what wheels I had. These are guys riding Zipps and really nice name brands. I just told them straight up that I had ordered them from China and they were knockoffs..lol.

But I will say that I am posting my fastest times with these. Maybe it is mental, but I am keeping up and passing guys who used to pull me. I do think the lighter weight plus the depth of the rim really helps me in these flats. I am able to avg over 19 mph for 50 mile rides, and I was not posting speeds like that before. That's the only real evidence I have for now, but I can say that 22-23 feels so much easier and is very sustainable. My goal is to get to the A+ ride level here - they average 27-30.

So far so good, loving these wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slojo View Post
    A little review of the Chinese wheels I bought.
    First, I'll tell you I am NOT any kind of wheel or bicycle expert. Just an average 59 year old guy slowly but surely getting more & more addicted to bicycle riding over the last 10 years or so. With that said I ride about 3,500 miles a year, with some of that on mountain bikes.
    I ordered a set carbon clinchers from https://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-bi...-road-std.html
    38mm front / 50 mm rear, 25 mm outer width, 19 mm inner width. Sapin spokes and their in house SL hubs with ceramic bearings. $792 shipped. 1,403 gm as received.
    They say they are tubless ready (and they look it) but I am using tubes with Conti GP 4000 25 mm tires. Tires went on very easy, but after 40 years of riding & racing dirtbikes, I'm not too bad at tire changing I didn't try to measure how true they spun but they sure looked true to me after getting them on the bike. I run 75 psi front / 80 psi rear (I weigh 140 lb.), the tires measure 27.9 mm wide because of the wide rim. I now have approximately 1,000 miles on New England roads.

So far I am very happy with these wheels, especially for under $1,000! They are pretty light, the width lets me run low air pressure which makes for a very nice ride. I guess they are aero, but who the hell really knows. I could probably slam my stem and get more aero but I'm not going to do that. And they look cool in matt black with no badeging on them!

Biggest drawback?? 67 days from the day I ordered them until the day they arrived on my doorstep! While their customer service person was fairly timely returning emails she was very obviously not very good with the English language. VERY frustrating trying to get clear answers on a order that is supposed to take 15 days.
    Hello. I am researching these wheels (60mm wheelset) and have a few questions that I hope you can answer. I was looking at the Profile Design wheels when I ran across these wheels on Youtube, so I began doing my research and so far it seems owners are very satisfied with these wheels.

1. When did you order these wheels and did they ever say why it took so long to get them?
    2. How is the braking (wet and dry)?
    3. Is the 27.9mm inflated tire width the result of lower tire pressure? I weigh around 195 and would need more, so just curious.
    4. Are you still happy with the wheels?
    5. How do the wheels roll with the ceramic bearings.
    6. Are the in-house hubs a better choice than the Novacs?

Thanks...

Update: Nvm, I already ordered the wheels and will get first hand experience with them.
    Last edited by Methodical; 02-12-2018 at 11:22 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Anyone have feedback to CSC (CarbonSpeedCycle) wheels?

Looking into these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CSC-...677703904.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

Port fees or Taxes on Yoeleo

I am interested in ordering wheels from Yoeleo. I live in PA, do the wheels get held up in port for taxes or any other fees the US government may charge?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    2017 ROAD DISC BRAKE ASYMMETRIC RIMS-Yishunbike

New rims from Yishun:

WTD3C-TLR-DISC
    WTD4C-TLR-DISC
    WTD5C-TLR-DISC

Asymmetric
    Semi-hooked
    No brake track
    33/44/55 height
    430/470/500 weight
    21 internal, 28 max

The 55mm version ticks all my boxes. A couple of branded rims are a bit lighter: ENVE's 54mm rim shaves about 50g per and Roval's CLX series (in 50mm and 64mm), closer to 75g per.

Still, I'm impressed. When these appear on AceBike or wherever, I'll probably build a wheelset around them. Note that these 2017 models are named the same as the (very different, heavier, narrower, non-asym) 2016 version.
    thanks for this, i have been chatting with Yishun Bike about buying a set of 44 mm disc clincher wheels with DT hubs.

Either this or XM Carbonspeed.
    Mike
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Giant Trance Advanced 1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018
    Hi guys
    How will you think up what rims will be better for universal wheels of road\gravel?
    For disc and 28-40c tires.
    Main question asymmetric or not?
    I consider this two variants

Ebay and Chinese Direct Carbon Wheel Thread 3.0-fs29ct-28-28.jpg

and

Ebay and Chinese Direct Carbon Wheel Thread 3.0-road_bicycle_rims.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    THE RIGHT TYRE WIDTH ON THE RIGHT RIM WIDTH - Engineerstalk : Engineerstalk

Look on this chart. If you are using old style rims with bead hooks I think 19c is what you want, if hookless 20c.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Whew, I finally received my Yoeleo C60 Carbon Clincher wheels Friday. It took 74 days. I sure hope no one else has to endure such patience. They threw in 2 free carbon fiber bottle cages to ease some of the pain. Never the less, I inspected the wheels and found no unusual things and the wheels look sweeeeet (matte with no markings) and brings a different look to my bike. The rear wheel is not too loud like those Zipp wheels. The build quality looks top notch, but then again I am no carbon expert either. The wheels sit exactly centered between the forks and brakes, unlike my current set of wheels where the rear wheel is off centered - could be due to the bike shop's heavy handed truing. I will get to ride them tomorrow - can't wait.

With the upgraded hub and spokes, they came in at 1545g without the skewers, so well within the stated weight.

Will report back on the 1st ride.
    Last edited by Methodical; 04-28-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Whew, I finally received my Yoeleo C60 Carbon Clincher wheels Friday. It took 74 days. I sure hope no one else has to endure such patience. They threw in 2 free carbon fiber bottle cages to ease some of the pain. Never the less, I inspected the wheels and found no unusual things and the wheels look sweeeeet (matte with no markings) and brings a different look to my bike. The rear wheel is not too loud like those Zipp wheels. The build quality looks top notch, but then again I am no carbon expert either. The wheels sit exactly centered between the forks and brakes, unlike my current set of wheels where the rear wheel is off centered - could be due to the bike shop's heavy handed truing. I will get to ride them tomorrow - can't wait.

With the upgraded hub and spokes, they came in at 1545g without the skewers, so well within the stated weight.

Will report back on the 1st ride.
    Wow... that seems like a really long time. Was there something special about the order that resulted in a long wait time? What finish did you choose?

I just recently heard that Katrina is back working at Yoeleo. She's the girl that appears in many of the youtube videos and she was awesome to deal with in terms of customer service. It seems like I began hearing stories of the CS going downhill little bit, after she left, so hopefully the fact that she's back means they will get back to being top-notch.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Fuse Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Wow... that seems like a really long time. Was there something special about the order that resulted in a long wait time? What finish did you choose?

I just recently heard that Katrina is back working at Yoeleo. She's the girl that appears in many of the youtube videos and she was awesome to deal with in terms of customer service. It seems like I began hearing stories of the CS going downhill little bit, after she left, so hopefully the fact that she's back means they will get back to being top-notch.
    Yes, a very long time to wait.

I chose the "no decal" version, which according to their website is suppose to ship within 24-48 hours, so I don't know what caused the delay. I also upgraded to the ceramic hubs and Black Sapim CX Ray Spokes, but I highly doubt those created the delay. I had a chat session with them prior to ordering the wheels and was told it takes 7-9 days to receive the wheels once shipped and that was pretty spot on. Maybe they are being overwhelmed with orders since becoming UCI approved - don't know. I was just about to cancel the order when I received an email with the tracking number. I just hope no one else has to endure such a long wait.

I dealt with a Jasmine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I went for a 20 mile ride today in a very strong head wind (some side wind, too) to test the wheels. The wheels roll nicely, but that head wind did not make for an easy roll test. They definitely ride very nicely. They are very quiet when coasting and no noise while pedaling. I like how they changed the look of my bike. The 25mm Continentals are much wider than spec (see below) on these wheels, which I am ok with as the ride is much more comfortable. The braking is better than my Profile Design carbon/aluminum wheels and I noticed the brakes don't whistle like other carbon wheels I've heard. Also, I did not get push around in the wind even though these are 60mm.

@95psi - 27.25mm (front)
    @110psi - 28.23mm (rear)

Note: This is just an initial first impression of these wheels. I will ride these wheels this season and post updates.
    Last edited by Methodical; 04-30-2018 at 06:09 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just ordered a set of disc brake clincher wheels from Yishun Bike and they were delivered quickly. I received them in Toronto, Canada 4 weeks from the date i ordered.

Shipping took a week.

The wheels look great, no imperfections, they were boxed well and I'm happy so far

I did 2 quick rides this weekend and I'm very happy with them so far.

Ebay and Chinese Direct Carbon Wheel Thread 3.0-solace-1.jpgEbay and Chinese Direct Carbon Wheel Thread 3.0-solace-2.jpgEbay and Chinese Direct Carbon Wheel Thread 3.0-solace-3.jpg
    Last edited by Swerny; 05-10-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Giant Trance Advanced 1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Yes, a very long time to wait.

I chose the "no decal" version, which according to their website is suppose to ship within 24-48 hours, ..........
    Apologize for making you waiting. Sorry. YOELEO is developing a new serial wheels for 2018, and most our producing line is preparing for the new serial wheels then, so it is delayed. And now new serial wheels(UD black glossy) are ready for fast dispatch, can deal and ship out within 24-48 hours after ordered. Short leading time and top quality guarantee.
    We love bikes.
    We love cycling.
    We love our goal of sending YOELEO carbon to every corner of the world and getting more people on bikes.
    Join us & Be a happy cyclist.
    YOELEO Bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Anyone tried those kevlar and carbon wheels?

tthome
    May 2008
    this forum seems to be dying...

anyhow, I'm still here...?tion and need recommendation. I'd like to buy a 50mm ushape disc road brake wheelset with centerlock hubs. I need 12mm on both front and back. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a vendor or link that I can look at? I'd like as many options as I can get. They don't have to be 50mm, but 40mm minimum depth. I'm open to suggestions. Price is very much a consideration as I dont want to drop more than I'd like. I've ridden many carbon chinese clinchers and I'd like to purchase a set of chinese clincher centerlock carbon rims to replace the stock alloy disc wheels that came with my Diamondback Podium. Thanks!
    Please support and visit my cycling website BunchSprint. Cycling news, reviews and tips.
    http://www.bunchsprint.com/wp-conten...ple_avatar.png

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    While not U shaped, how about these?

https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-...ompatible.html

Look to be very nice and at an unbeatable price and 23mm wide internal. Curious if anyone has any experience of with these wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tthome View Post
    this forum seems to be dying...

anyhow, I'm still here...?tion and need recommendation. I'd like to buy a 50mm ushape disc road brake wheelset with centerlock hubs. I need 12mm on both front and back. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a vendor or link that I can look at? I'd like as many options as I can get. They don't have to be 50mm, but 40mm minimum depth. I'm open to suggestions. Price is very much a consideration as I dont want to drop more than I'd like. I've ridden many carbon chinese clinchers and I'd like to purchase a set of chinese clincher centerlock carbon rims to replace the stock alloy disc wheels that came with my Diamondback Podium. Thanks!
    I suggest you talking to Bella at ICAN:
    icancycle@yeah.net

Whatsapp +86 137 2690 5471

Say what you need, and she'll give you a quote. For these specific orders, payment is usually by Paypal.

I have an ICAN wheelset and frameset (described in this thread about 2 years ago) still going strong. Just received a wheelset for my MTB (8 days from shipment to my house in Houston, Texas). The frameset has minor quirks (namely the old mechanism to fix the seatpost), but wheels are flawless.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast