RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015

Fast 32/33 Tire?

Looking for a 32/33 tire that is fast fast fast on pavement and has good-acceptable puncture protection.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcg333 View Post
    Looking for a 32/33 tire that is fast fast fast on pavement and has good-acceptable puncture protection.
    Look at Compass.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    One of the best 32mm tires I've ridden is the Continental GP 4000 IIs in 28mm (it measures out at about 32mm on my HED Belgium Plus rims). The Conti 4 Season actually comes in a 32 as well. It's a little more durable than the 4000 IIs.

Compass is also a good option for a great riding tire at that width.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I've just started using Compass tires. My limited experience thus far has been so extraordinarily positive that I can't even tell you. My bike goes faster now. Many of you will know that that is simply not the type of thing I say. So my experience set is thing with them, but at this point I'd say if they make a tire of the size and type you want, that's the tire you want to get. And use it with latex tubes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
    I've just started using Compass tires. My limited experience thus far has been so extraordinarily positive that I can't even tell you. My bike goes faster now. Many of you will know that that is simply not the type of thing I say. So my experience set is thing with them, but at this point I'd say if they make a tire of the size and type you want, that's the tire you want to get. And use it with latex tubes.
    Or tubeless?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Not Cayuse Pass. 35mm Bon Jon is their smallest tubeless tire, and their tubeless parting line meshes nearly perfectly with mine, which is: greater than or equal to 33mm is tubeless, less than that is latex tube. I'm not against people using road tubeless, but I don't anymore.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    Look at Compass.
    What they said. 100% agree with the bolded part.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    One of the best 32mm tires I've ridden is the Continental GP 4000 IIs in 28mm (it measures out at about 32mm on my HED Belgium Plus rims). The Conti 4 Season actually comes in a 32 as well. It's a little more durable than the 4000 IIs.
    Funny you should say GP 4000s in 28 - I remember when I went from that to a 4Season in 28 I couldn't believe how much smaller the 4seasons were... I might have to go back and revisit that tire

- is it me - or do compass tires seem overpriced? maybe they're popular now so it's hard to ever find a good deal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcg333 View Post
    - is it me - or do compass tires seem overpriced? maybe they're popular now so it's hard to ever find a good deal.
    They may be a mite pricey, but they aren't over priced.

I've never seen them on sale which leads me to believe that it's probably a waste of time shopping for sale prices.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    They may be a mite pricey, but they aren't over priced.

I've never seen them on sale which leads me to believe that it's probably a waste of time shopping for sale prices.
    When we became a dealer, they straight up said if you sell below MSRP, we won’t sell to you. They’re hard core about pricing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    When we became a dealer, they straight up said if you sell below MSRP, we won’t sell to you. They’re hard core about pricing.
    Whoa!