RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Forte Pro DC Road Tire experience?

Does anyone have experience with these 700 x 23 Performance brand tires that would share their pros / cons?

They look to be fairly light weight, durable, and reasonably priced when on sale. With fall season here in Maryland, I'm looking for something that has reasonable traction on damp roads too.

What I'm replacing are some Kenda Kaliente L3R Pro tires that have squared off on me.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I almost bought some. Decided to stick with Michelin Lithions (25's).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    stay away from performance/nashbar branded parts. they are cheap for a reason, and like always (almost) you get what you pay for

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    Don't skimp on tires. Even on your beater. Just like brake pads, that stuff has your life on them.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    The current version isn't as nice as the previous one, but still not bad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

not bad

Not bad, I am running a pair right now. They seem to wear fairly well, although I did get a small split in my back tire, but I use them to commute on, and the road is not the best. My tires are branded Kenda, so they appear to be a name brand tire. I wouldn't know how they compare to more expensive tires as I usually shop for a bargain and don't spend a lot on my tires.

Growing Older, Not Up
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by david462
    stay away from performance/nashbar branded parts. they are cheap for a reason, and like always (almost) you get what you pay for
    Actually, the Forte stems and seatpost are regarded as good bargains. Brand names are nice but sometimes you are paying for a marketing department and a factory line to paint a company name on a product.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Going to give them a try

OK, perhaps the sad state of our economy is influencing me a bit so at $18 bucks a piece I just have to give these tires a try.

Will put them on this weekend and if the weather permits, take them on their maiden voyage. Hopefully after that it's several thousand miles of enthusiastic spinning.

Thanks for your input.