Ever since I was a little kid on my P.K. Ripper, I have believed better wheels are the key to performance. I have been using the stock wheels that came on my All-City Mr. Pink. The stock set up was Shimano 105 hubs laced to Mavic CXP 22 rims. A very durable wheelset but heavy and definitely no bling either. I wanted something sub 1600gram, but still able to support my 200lb body.
VELOCITY A23 Comp
I went with Velocity for several reasons, as you can see they were not the lightest or the cheapist, (Neuvation won both those claims and probably my runner up)
1) The A23 Rim is made in The U.S.A. ( I like that)
2) The A23 Comp wheelset is Built in the U.S.A. (Grand Rapids, MI to be exact)
3) Velocity lets you choose Rim and Nipple colors!! (the Old BMXer in me is a sucker for ano!)
4) The A23 can be run as tubeless
5) Velocity lets you use Billmelater to pay
you can read the entire review on my blog....
Robb, Pedals and Blogs
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Going for wider rims.
Check out the hottest road bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »